• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Orb Raw NS/Ti UPGRADE to Seoul P4 Dropin!!!

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey everybody,

IMG_00032-2.jpg

Here's a unique item. It is a complete dropin unit for an Orb Raw NS/Ti. It includes the reflector, heatsink, and 2 stage LED board...basically everything needed for an upgrade from the Luxeon to a Seoul P4! Seoul is a USVOI warm white emitter. Simply remove the stock components (should fall out) and replace with these. Beautiful beam...great throw and spill for its size. This turns a "wow" light into a WOW light!

IMG_0011-3.jpg

Here is a comparison shots with a Draco
IMG_0010-1.jpg

And now some beamshots. Camera was set to all manual settings. These were taken just now in a room with a pretty good amount of ambient light. EV -1. RAW on left, Draco on right

Raw on low, Draco on medium (setting 5 on FluPIC)
IMG_0004-3.jpg

Raw on low, Draco on Burst
IMG_0005-2.jpg

Raw on High, Draco on burst
IMG_0006-5.jpg

I only have one of these available. Price will be $55 shipped CONUS via USPS. $60 shipped worldwide via global priority mail. Not responsible for lost packages, blah blah you know the drill.

First :takeit: in this thread gets priority.

Thanks,
Shawn

Edit: Paypal Only Please!

SOLD to VWDr

Last edited:

VWDr

Enlightened
Re: Orb Raw NS/Ti UPGRADE to Seoul P4 Dropin!!!

ooh I'll take it! :) That looks awesome for an already super light. -J

BrutalDiver

Newly Enlightened

Crap I snooze i lose but if the first buyer falls through I'll be right behind him with an I'll take it as well.! Ijust bought an NS that would benefit greatly from this upgrade...

VWDr

Enlightened

:paypal: Sorry BrutalDiver, I couldn't pass this one up. :) Hopefully another one of these will appear for sale soon. Thanks, Cryhavok -I can't wait to see this in action. :) -J

BrutalDiver

Newly Enlightened

VWDr said:
:paypal: Sorry BrutalDiver, I couldn't pass this one up. :) Hopefully another one of these will appear for sale soon.
No problem, it just frees up cash for other things I'm sure I don't really need....
In the meantime I'll try to locate the parts individually &/or new... & like I said, my fault for opting to take a nap in the middle of the day.... The danged newborn of ours kept me up all night in the Children's ER with breathing difficulties... Oh well... He's OK & I missed out on soom neat toys...
Enjoy them....
Thanks again cryhavok for the comm on them...

cryhavok

Enlightened
The Draco runs a cree. Lots more information here

I may start offering a service to upgrade Luxeon Raw NS/Ti's to Seoul P4 power...we'll see :)

kevinm

Enlightened
What's the tall red thing on the circuit board? I've been thinking about doing this, but have not yet decided on Cree vs Seoul with my smooth reflector. Advice?

Thanks,
Kevin

Led_Blind

Enlightened
That red thing is the 2 stage switch. Look at the bottom of the board and you should see a protruding pin that touches the battery tube first :)

I have done the upgrade, well worth it!