New Coast LED lanterns. Anyone have one yet?

chvylvr35O

Newly Enlightened
The 4AA looks exactly the same as the Eddie Bauer lantern I got at Target on clearance for $15.00. They are really nice for the price I gave. My only complaint is that the button is too easy to activate.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I suspected the Eddie Bauer's were made (or marketed) by Coast. I got one on clearance, too. I like mine better than the old River Rock, because of its dimming capability. On high it's not as bright, but not so much glare either. That soft press switch is too easy to turn on. There's a thread here somewhere about these (4AA) lanterns.

Geoff

Dawg

Enlightened
The Eddie Bauer lanterns that closed out at Target were clearly maked on the packaging that they were made by coast. I was lucky enough to get 2 for $7.99 each.

Poor Brightguy won't sell too many at their price.

The big D cell model looks very tempting. The price is a little hard to swallow though.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I am curious about the light output as stated "ideal for illuminating small room or tent" and "enough light to illuminate a large room or campsite". I hope someone can put these to the test.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
So I got to play with the smaller lantern at a place near me that has them to demo in their camping section. It is bright enough to light up a small area. It is nice on the eyes with its frosted globe. They did not have the larger one. I hope someone can add some insight on the larger one.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
Alright so I just bought the small one. Flashaholic? This is a great lantern. It is a bit bigger than the compact lanterns but is much brighter. Think how bright it would be if they added a CREE :) I would love to order the larger one but have a hard time with the price tag. Who on earth would spend that much on a lantern? Flashaholic?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to some beamshots. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any other LED lantern to compare it with?

leprechaun414

Enlightened
Still working on the beamshots. Lanterns to compare to I thought I would try an Essential Gear 12LED large lantern. I could also compare to a couple of Coleman Flouresent lanterns using the twin tube and single coil. By eyesight it seems much brighter. Does anyone have a suggestion for posting pics without me making the file to big? I think I could use some help with that.