Ye Olde Maglite 2C

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
It's amazing how the 2C has found a new lease of life with the release of the Li-Ion C-cell. Almost anything is easier now.

My question is this: I have an older 2C the boss has given me to mod. There's no C in front of the serial number and I'm thinking that some of the parts used for modding may not fit this older model. Does anyone here know if there are any dimensional differences old to new?

X_Marine

Enlightened
My old 5C I believe, maybe 6C.. ah.. has a rectangular switch and if I remember wasn't very water proof.
I haven't yet found my head or switch so I'm not to much help. But I'm sure bat dimension is about the same.
Some of the M*g modders I'm sure can help with internals.

Good luck, can't wait to do my newer ver 2C.

X.

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
It looks about the same but appears more solidly built than my newer D's. I was wondering if the tube has got thicker walls but that won't make any difference to what fits inside? C size is always C size.

I'm thinking more along the lines of thread sizes and the fact that the O-ring is fitted to the head rather than the body. Do new C's have the O-ring on the body?

lexina

Enlightened
I have an old green 3C that doesn't have a "C" in front of the serial no. There are some internal dimensional differences - for eg. Litemania's C heatsink (for a single led) sits too loosely on the tube. On the other hand, you shouldn't have any problem fitting the heatsink for the tri-leds (the ones from Litemania without the threading) since these fit into the bezel and not the tube.

Last edited:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new type screw in Tri-LED heat sinks by modamag will not work in the old style head.

Later
Kelly

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Given the price of a new one, I can see me giving this one back as is. I'll start with a fresh shiny one. That should make him happy.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are differences between the old and the new. The head. for example, has the rubber 'O' ring that is between the body and head in the head, not on the body. The switch is different also.