Green Laser Recommendation?

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a recommendation of a good green laser, preferably something in the 100mw+ range, and in the $100 to $400 price range. I'd like something with IR filter already installed and durable case / packaging. Common batteries (not watch batteries) would be preferred too. So, what can you laser experts recommend for me? Does the Envee come highly recommended?

Thanks!

Last edited:

brighter

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know there's no durable hi-power laser in that $ range, I would also like to buy something durable and stable but no luck for now. What comes to mind is dragonlaser viper 125, envee nv-100 (there is certain features on envee that I, personally, don't like) and maybe wickedlaser (but some people reported wicked to have issues like underpower etc.) Good luck!

picrthis

Enlightened
ghadlock said:
I'm looking for a recommendation of a good green laser, preferably something in the 100mw+ range, and in the $100 to $400 price range. I'd like something with IR filter already installed and durable case / packaging. Common batteries (not watch batteries) would be preferred too. So, what can you laser experts recommend for me? Does the Envee come highly recommended?

Thanks!
In that price range the answer is very easy;
http://www.phraug.com/laser/

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I'm biased of course, but you won't be unsatisfied with an Envee! Our new shipment has been showing 100-130mW very consistently.

SenKat

Enlightened
Okay - these are OPINIONS - mine, that is - not to be confused with hard, actual data - as in, you ask me what I would buy, here is what I would say !

For $100-$400 ?

Very tough budget there...In NO PARTICULAR ORDER !!!
(trying to say that I like ALL these guys - hard to choose - honest and true)

Rick Lee's Fusion (Soon to be renamed) rated 125mw - see my review.
Laserglow - get as big as you can afford ! I owned an Aries 175 (WOW-awesome !)

The above two, I have dealt with - the below I know by reputation only or non-laser purchases -

This is by no means a complete list - just the ones off the top of my head (which is rather full right now)

Optotronics - (I bought an Optics kit from them-TOP NOTCH)

Lucent Optics - (sideline test of an Envee for one of their customers)

Nova Lasers - (Soon to review a few of their items, I hope - according to them !)

Destructive Gear - nothing yet

Deal Extreme - (Only bought flashlights from them so far OH - and a rather cool little helicopter {GRIN})

Dragon Lasers - Nothing yet

Wicked Lasers - (Bought protective goggles, and coooool Dragon Cases from them)

Atlas Nova - (sideline test of some of thier components)

My most sincere aplogies if I have inadvertenty left anyone off this list. This is only MY opinions, and my experiences - really !

Okay - so my list most likely will not asist you too much - But look here, read EVERYWHERE - and figure out how much power you want, for what budget (as stated) and for what purpose (Astronomy - get a 5mw !!)

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
Great feedback, all- thanks so much! The budget here seems to be an issue though- is it that the range is too wide, or is it too little (meaning I should spend more than $400?) What's important to me is quality, durability, brightness and I'd certainly rather pay $400 for one laser of good quality than $100 for four over the same period.

Lots of reading to do......at first glance the EnVee and the Fusion look very appealing. Oh, and the Laserglow Hercules..:drool:Such cool stuff!

Kenom

Enlightened
I'd have to say that your budget is not going to find you a durable, bright, quality laser. however these things are only subjective as each persons view of "brightness" "quality" "durability" are different and something I consider "durable" is going to be considered flimsy and fragile by someone else. Rick lee's fusion laser appears to be a very good laser at this point. I'm not going to bash it as I don't own it but it appears to have a good cycle and is bright 100mw+ Hope I havn't muddied the water further for you. We all have to make our own decisions based on personal preferences and impressions.

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Kenom, that's good input. So if I remove the budget limitation of $400 what is the best green laser available within reason? Laserglow?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I'll be able to get you a ~250mW PGLIII with battery and charger in around a week for about $650.

Ashton

Enlightened
ghadlock said:
Thanks, Kenom, that's good input. So if I remove the budget limitation of $400 what is the best green laser available within reason? Laserglow?

Lasergrlow hercules 500mw.

Unless you want a labby, in which case I'd have to plug a guy on LC thats selling them at very reasonable prices with lots of fetures (including being able to dial up/down the power from .5mw to 500mw!) and becides, if you wanted a labby, I doubt you'd care about the color lol

Kenom

Enlightened
I would have to agree with Ashton on the recommendation for the Hercules. it's the mother palooza of all lazers in my book. of course if you have seen a picture of it, it is like carrying around a bazooka. LOL still I WILL have it eventually. My first 100+ laser is going to be the "unnamed at this point" laser from Rick. Although the jury is still out on this badboy as far as I'm concerned it's beginning to look better and better. provided it's capable of providing stable 75-100% duty cycle.

luvlasers

Enlightened
ghadlock said:

Thanks!

I'll have to go with the crowd, if money is no object (dream on) go for the big daddy of all lasers, the Hercules.

For $100 to $400 well you can get a 125mW laser pointer from dragonlasers http://www.dragonlasers.com/viper) My 125mW has a very tight sweet beam does all the burning stuff. Could be over powered, no chance to measure the power.

Got some pics floating around some where if you are interested:rock:

flashlightsnlasers

Newly Enlightened
You can't go wrong with the lucent Envee lasers which offer 80mw or 100 mw,I went from 5mw to the 80mw and it's really got a well defined beam,the price range is within your request too,I recommend it for visual effects and appearance,but if you want a laser for thermal effects then you will need possibly more power...laser glow aries...Optotronics which will be my next laser is a very good choice with good support from a CPF member.

Gordov2

Enlightened
Can you suggest the best GREEN laser for mounting on a Pistol? I do not need anything greater than 50mW. I would mount it on a glock model 23.

Thank you!

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Most laser pointers aren't designed for firearm mounting. They have no recoil protection, which means they will probably break after a few dozen shots. They also have no windage/elevation adjustments, and no method of mounting to the gun.

Spend the money and buy an actual gun sight. You don't really need anything over 10mW for a gun sight anyway.

Gordov2

Enlightened
I can't seem to find one in green. I do have a Lasermax internal sight, which I love. I just would like to check out a green one.

SenKat

Enlightened
There is a vendor on Ebay called "Omix-Nigo" that sells the green laser gun sights - I have no idea how durable they are, just that some folks have ordered from him, and have been happy with the results using them as lasers !

picrthis

Enlightened
Kenom said:
I'd have to say that your budget is not going to find you a durable, bright, quality laser. however these things are only subjective as each persons view of "brightness" "quality" "durability" are different and something I consider "durable" is going to be considered flimsy and fragile by someone else. Rick lee's fusion laser appears to be a very good laser at this point. I'm not going to bash it as I don't own it but it appears to have a good cycle and is bright 100mw+ Hope I havn't muddied the water further for you. We all have to make our own decisions based on personal preferences and impressions.
As an early owner of the "Canadian Fusion" by Rick Lee, I'd say you won't be disappointed; not sure what you want to do with it, but it will burn a hole right through thick heavy gauge black landscaping plastic from 20" as fast as you can set it up, I haven't tried any other distances yet; it is bright as all h*ll and has a nice tight beam.

I placed the Laser stationary, placed the black plastic 20" from it and secured the power button on, looked up at it and it was already bouncing back from the wall on the other side of the room, as it already went right through the plastic, I thought I didn't have it lined-up at first, but boy was I wrong, it made a pin hole clean through the plastic. The 20" that I placed it was not planned, I measured that afterwards out of couriousity, no external lense was used.
The unit does not seem to heat-up, and I have ran it for awhile for other applications.

The other unit I was looking at based on size, power & price was the Envee and I almost bought that one. Most of the other units on the market are too large for me, and alot of the pen sized units are way overpriced and can only put out the rated power for under 60secs or so. If size doesn't matter, and it did to me; I'd get an Aries 225 or the Hercules 500 and never look back. :) nobody can hold a candle to them in terms of true continous power output along with almost endless run time, only limited to the battery.