Need advice on a MilkyMod

SCblur

Enlightened
I'm saving money for a milky project-M light, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm kinda new to the project-M stuff, and I don't completely understand the chart. I was wondering if you experts in milkymod lights could answer some questions for me?

I'm thinking of something like an M375. I want the ability to run it off of multiple batter configurations. 1x18650, 2x18650, 2x18500, 3xcr123. Is this possible?

Also, I most definitely want something dual stage. How is this done. Tailcap? I haven't seen these tailcaps for sale anywhere. How low would the low beam be on an M375? Would the low be regulated also? Is there any other way for multiple stages, or are tailcaps the answer? Where are such tailcaps found?

For those of you who have them, how does the throw/beam pattern of a light like this compare to the U2 (my favorite beam pattern). I'm looking at one of these mods to replace my U2, so I want something with decent throw, but that wonderful "ram of light" the U2 is known for, with lots of good sidespill. I'll be using this mod a lot for camping and hiking, so good sidespill is also important.

In your opinions, is the M375 a good candidate for this? Is it something that will work well for camping, and something I can get long runtimes from when desired?

Lastly, I didn't see this configuration on the chart. How is the runtime for a M375 on 1x18650 and 2x18650?

I know that's a lot, any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Josh

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give him a call, he will answer any question you have and he's a real nice person. I just
talked with him about my L1.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Surefire U2 and Had 2 M375's, Still have one.

The Beam Pattern of a M375 With McR16's (What he usually uses) Is Unbelievable. Great Flood, But with so much output It throws much more than a U2. I have ran It on 1x18650 for a small compact monster and 2x18650 for a long runtime beast.

It's hotspot Is very nice, with a beautiful transition from hotspot to spill.

It looks great and has enough power for most lighting needs.

The One I have now uses 3 McR18's for a little more throw and a much more "Hotter" hotspot. The McR16's are very good too, although the throw Is less than one with McR18's.

Runtime Is also very good Considering the output.
It's a beautiful trail light, that at times can be used to spot things at a distance with ease.

It doesn't produce much heat like the surefire L2, L4, L5, L6, and U2 and stay relatively cool (Just warm) compared to the Luxeon V.

IMHO, Milky's Project M lights are one of the best practical and outdoor lights money can buy.
That's why I keep coming back to him.

Get the M375, You'll be happy you did.
If you wan't a little more information not stated above please feel free to PM me.

Good luck

Runtime

1x18650 = ~1:15
2x18650 - ~3:00

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
Thanks skalomax, that was very helpful. Do you feel like your M375 works as a replacement for your U2, or do you still keep it around? Also, do you have your M375 setup for dual/multi stages? If so, how?

Thanks so much.

Josh

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M375 was a HUGE upgrade from my Surefire U2. Output, runtime, and relatively size was all much better.

The beam pattern of a M375 with McR16's Is extremely nice. It's like a L4/L6 On steroids. It's more of a Flood light, But with so much output It has to throw and So It does and Throws well.

Milkyspit does the dual stage mod, But I've never had a need for one since this light Is my workhorse/powerhouse and I have smaller lights with much lower output.

Be happy and get one, I know I am!

Here In this thread are some beamshots I did, check them out.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/153593

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/157126

SCblur

Enlightened
Thanks for the links Skalomax, those are sweet. I'm trying to wait on one of these until I have enough money saved up, but at this rate I don't know if I'll last that long.