Looking for a starter goggle

Pyrotech

Newly Enlightened
Im interested in getting night vision googles, what should i be considering when looking at different models. I havent yet decided on a price, but prob willing to spend up to $1000. I have never myself owned them. Also is there restrictions on exporting to Canada, as i know several different things cant be exported.

nc987

Enlightened
Re: Looking for a starter google

There are heavy restrictions to ship our of the USA on nightvision products. I do not know however if there is any exceptions with Canada.

I too have been looking for nightvision goggles recently, gen 3, and I have accepted the fact that I am going to have to spend a minimum of 1500 dollars for a decent pair. Because of this I am going to hold off for awhile.

Pyrotech

Newly Enlightened

so does anyone know where i can find out info where night vision stuff can be exported and a list for countries it can go? Can someone recommend a 600 dollar model? are there any knock offs from china online that i can get for cheaper?

nc987

Enlightened

From my research I would not recommend going cheap on nightvision. I thought I could get away with it, but its the type of thing you really want to pay more for because of the reliability, durability and quality involved in the higher end units.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

night vision "googles"?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, here's one for starters:

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!

Pyrotech

Newly Enlightened

ya, sorry, so used to typing in google that i typed that in. Goggle, opps lol. And i assume yer reffering this to being a repost?

sandman_viper2

Newly Enlightened

Hey Pyrotech,

Im completely new to the night vision scene, however I have seen a few cool gadgets, in particular Forward looking Infra Red (FLIR). Im not sure whether you calssify it as night vision, but I saw it on Youtube only a few weeks ago and I thought it might be of interest to you.

If I recall correctly, it was the Thermovision Flashsight, by FLIR systems - no idea on the cost but im guessing its not cheap as they dont list the price on their website. Also, im not sure if we are allowed to buy it (looks like a law enforcement/security thing).

Hope it works out for you.

BlueBeanie

Newly Enlightened
Just found this thread on night vision goggles, well if you're looking for a decent priced pair, my dad works for a company called ITT industries, if you have ever heard of them (not the school) they are the worlds leading developer of nightvision. I can get an awesome discount because they have government contracts for the military, if you're interested I can have him send me a brochure and some pricing info, just let me know

BlueBeanie/Mark

You can also go to http://www.nightvision.com

Last edited: