Spyderco Manix?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I have been looking on the Spyderco Manix. I have the delica and the endura.
Is the Manix a good knife? Any + - for it?

thanks!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
thanks! Now I want the mini manix too....and maybe a paramilitary....

and a large sebenza! they are nice!

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
It's my EDC. Good ergos, good steel, great lock-up, and you can position the clip where you want it. What's not to like? It is large, but I got used to the size quickly. Now most other pocket knives look and feel.... dinky. The blade shape is very useful as well. Score one, you won;t regret it.

carrot

Flashaholic
The Manix is a GREAT knife. I own two. While I have a great amount of confidence in the Endura, the Manix is really my hard use knife, especially since I prefer the flat ground blade. Lockup is exceptionally solid.

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
The Manix is my favorite Spyderco. It is rugged and sharpens like a scalpel. You can't go wrong with one! When I'm not carrying my Hinderer XM-18, the Manix is in my pocket.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Sure thing fine and in agreement with what the others stated above regarding said knife!

Enjoy!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
hmm...ok I will pick one up! you guys have convinced me! this forums must be loved by alot of stores! :)

frogs3

Enlightened
And in true Flashaholic/Knifeaholic fashion: don't forget to look at the Chinook II if you want a +/- 4 inch ( 95mm) blade in a lockback style. Upswept Bowie shaped S30V blade, and stronger than the hand holding it. I've had mine for nearly 4 years now and it is my first choice for nearly everything. I don't know if they still make it, but it has been a workhorse here.

Enjoy,

HAK

Gryffin

Enlightened
FlashSpyJ said:
I have been looking on the Spyderco Manix. I have the delica and the endura.
Is the Manix a good knife? Any + - for it?
It's not a good knife. It's an excellent knife!

Excellent ergonomics, sturdy blade; the only drawback I can think of is that it's pretty big in your pocket; flat, of course, but very wide.

The Hobbit

Newly Enlightened
frogs3 said:
And in true Flashaholic/Knifeaholic fashion: don't forget to look at the Chinook II if you want a +/- 4 inch ( 95mm) blade in a lockback style. Upswept Bowie shaped S30V blade, and stronger than the hand holding it. I've had mine for nearly 4 years now and it is my first choice for nearly everything. I don't know if they still make it, but it has been a workhorse here.

Enjoy,

HAK

To continue the maddness, they now have a Chinook III...Pretty much the same as yours, but with a flat ground blade...Collect them all! :lolsign:

frogs3

Enlightened
Now look what you've done -- I have to find the Chinook III on the website first. I looked earlier and didn't see it in the listings.

Yet another project.

=HAK

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
First I was in to knives, bought and sold a couple of them, then I found this place, and Im totally hooked. thought I was free from the knives... but noooo!
Flashlights do have a higher priority, so Im not getting to many chances to buy knives, but I still wants them, and I must buy the Manix very soon!

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
I first got a calypso jr, which I love. The mini-manix is like a tougher, beefier version with all the same great ergonomics and a lockup like a vault door. You really can't go wrong with one.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Manix and MIni-Manix are GREAT knives. They are tough as nails!!

Latest posts