Is AE coming out with anything new?

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Just wondering since I haven't read anything about the AE lights for quite a while now. I remember a few months ago that somone mentioned that they were comming out with different color bulbs and such. The AE started out as a great light, I can't imagine that they wouldn't try to make any improvements or make new models of lights besides the shorty. I love my AE and use it all the time. Hoping to get a brigther bulb for it if any come out. Bigger reflector, better batteries, 35 watt balast and stuff like that would be great too. I'm pretty sure there would be interest in these things too. It just seems like people aren't as interested in it anymore.

NAW

Enlightened
Aaron1100us said:
Just wondering since I haven't read anything about the AE lights for quite a while now.

Here are some of the latest things AE is working on.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161154&highlight=Powerlight

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/157448&highlight=clickie

Aaron1100us said:
It just seems like people aren't as interested in it anymore.

There is still some interest in the Powerlights. I just think with the smaller 24W lights like the Microfire & Boxer, they are just more appealing to people.

Daekar

Enlightened
I think these are great lights - the only reason I haven't bought one is that I don't have the cash right now. I'd rather have the larger ones simply because if I'm going to need that much light, it's likely I'm going to need it for a long time and shortening it just kills the runtime.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
What I'd really love to see is a lipo battery and 35 + watt ballast that you can put into the original PL24 body. I'd be happy with any upgrades though. Don't really want to buy another one, at least not yet but would love to be able to upgrade the one I have. 4000k 24w bulb would be nice too. I'd love to have a PL24 that could compete with light such as the X990. There has to be a way to do it.

NAW

Enlightened
Aaron1100us said:
There has to be a way to do it.

From my understanding the standard AE PL24 uses 6 18650 batteries. Maybe what they could do is make a small 35W ballast (maybe small enought to the size of Polarion's ballasts) so there could be enough room for 9 18650 cells.