Digital Night vision system "SuperVision"

Invader_ZIM

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Found this site out after seeing an ad in an outdoor magazine.

http://www.xenonics.com/default.asp

Click on the video comparason of the PVS-14 vs. the Supervision, very interesting stuff.

I'm very surprised at the $1400 price tag as well.

If anyone has this unit, I would like to hear about how it really compares with 3rd generation, but the video is tantalizing I must admit.

nc987

Enlightened
That video is very impressive. But I am concerned with the reliability and durability of that unit. Good find though and its something to consider, i wish someone here hadthis unit and could tell us a little about it.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Invader_ZIM said:
Hey guys,

Found this site out after seeing an ad in an outdoor magazine.

http://www.xenonics.com/default.asp

Click on the video comparason of the PVS-14 vs. the Supervision, very interesting stuff.

I'm very surprised at the $1400 price tag as well.

If anyone has this unit, I would like to hear about how it really compares with 3rd generation, but the video is tantalizing I must admit.

Where do you see the $1400 price tag? I think it's about time someone used some DSP to do a little image processing for night vision. It seems "too good to be true"....

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
BVH said:
This would be a fun toy to have. Wonder when they'll be available to the general public.

I'd be the first in line to buy one :D

Invader_ZIM

Newly Enlightened
Well, the price tag was listed in Bowhunter magazine as 1,399 dollars. I saw it in other hunting magazines for the same price.

Price is also quoted at the company website here:

http://www.xenonics.com/supervision.asp

As far as it's reliability, there's a FAQ on the website I listed that says it's a solid state CCD system that doesn't use tube technology, and it is a passive system that doesn't require active illumination but can use it if necessary.

It also has a manual gain control which they said changes the amount of time the CCD sensor is exposed to the scene to bring out detail depending on the lighting conditions.

It's also available now going from the magazine ads and the website. I've E-mailed Xenonics and they sent me info on the system. Couldn't hurt to ask them questions directly to see how they respond as well.

Anyways, I find it very interesting stuff, and thought you guys would be interested as I am.

Last edited:

nc987

Enlightened
So, lets contact them, say we got some people interested, see if we could get a bulk discount. Maybe a group buy? This thing looks very impressive. If enough people were interested and this company knows how much CPF can influence potential buyer it might be beneficial for them to do a one time group buy discount for cpf'ers. Just an idea. Let me know if you guys are in

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
nc987 said:
So, lets contact them, say we got some people interested, see if we could get a bulk discount. Maybe a group buy? This thing looks very impressive. If enough people were interested and this company knows how much CPF can influence potential buyer it might be beneficial for them to do a one time group buy discount for cpf'ers. Just an idea. Let me know if you guys are in

I'm in.

nc987

Enlightened
What do you guys think is the minimum amount of people we need before we approach them?

Also, im noticing they do not sell them from their site yet as this is a fairly new unit. Some research shows that the military has ordered this unit already and if its good enough for them to use in Iraw I would imagine its up to our CPF standards. They also sell some HID lights a flashlight that has a CREE in it and looks pretty badass while posting a 5 hour runtime, 85 lumens too.

Anyways, if anyone else is interested in apotential group buy, im going to make a thread in the group buy section also. Let me know

Last edited:

Invader_ZIM

Newly Enlightened
A friend at work showed me his new Outdoor Life magazine, and it has an ad for the SuperVision night vision. The interesting thing about the ad is if you purchase the SuperVision they are offereing a Lifetime membership into the NRA. (They claim this is a $1,000 value in the ad.)

Found this ad online to support the advertisement.

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2007-01/artikel-7626654.asp

Alan Magerman, Chairman of Xenonics Holdings, added, "This spring we plan to launch a national advertising campaign in NRA member magazines offering a free NRA Life Membership valued at $1,000 with every purchase of a SuperVision device. We are excited by the potential of this program, which is only one example of the many opportunities created by our NRA license to build sales of SuperVision."

Last edited:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like to see an independent real use review of this unit from someone that has some experience with Gen 1, 2 and 3 night vision equipment other than the manufactures claim and photos. Xeonics has been around for awhile mainly producing portable Short Arc lights for sale to the government and some filter out to us the public sector :shrug:

Their web site hasn't changed much in the past few years that I have been looking at it and you can find as much information about investing in the company as their product, again :shrug:

If it's as good as current Gen 3 night vision equipment at 1/3 the price where are the reviews?

Later
Kelly

Invader_ZIM

Newly Enlightened
lol, I was thinking the same thing senecaripple, I'd forego the NRA membership for a bigger discount on the unit itself if possible.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Invader_ZIM said:
lol, I was thinking the same thing senecaripple, I'd forego the NRA membership for a bigger discount on the unit itself if possible.
if that doesnt work, i'll the membership to one of my nephews, or to some liberal like hillarythecarpetbagger, or borat osama.

sircumstemalot

Newly Enlightened
hey guys, you may want to look on the yahoo board as there are a few posters that have actually bought a unit, and its a game changer....its just like the video.......

and whats even better is that management is talking to several companies to license the technology for a military version....could be ITT... goodluck with it...

sircumstemalot

Newly Enlightened
you may want to check out KALTRON OUTDOORS website

Sway said:
I would really like to see an independent real use review of this unit from someone that has some experience with Gen 1, 2 and 3 night vision equipment other than the manufactures claim and photos. Xeonics has been around for awhile mainly producing portable Short Arc lights for sale to the government and some filter out to us the public sector :shrug:

Their web site hasn't changed much in the past few years that I have been looking at it and you can find as much information about investing in the company as their product, again :shrug:

If it's as good as current Gen 3 night vision equipment at 1/3 the price where are the reviews?

Later
Kelly