Do you like this picture?

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
We www.grupotriton.org were doing some exploration yesterday, and we got this picture.

There are involved some Barbolights and behind me there is a 400 Watt Halogen to create that Sun effect. One of the lights is a 505 nm (green-blue) one.

Althought a little surrealistic I do like it. What do you think?

Javier

riezumayo07006resig3.jpg

rycen

Enlightened
I like how you can see the reflectors in the right most light.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I supposed it could be interesting for the halogen fans I have started a post on the Incandescent subforum to show the 400 Watt beast.

DM51

Flashaholic
Nice picture! Not easy to get a shot like that right - very effective. All that light has scared the fish away!!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it reminds of when the 2 guys are poking around the Space Jockey's ship in the original Alien movie.

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
Yeah, it reminds of when the 2 guys are poking around the Space Jockey's ship in the original Alien movie.

The part of the film where the Space Jockey first appears… an enormous fossilized alien slumped on some incomprehensible communication/navigation/telescope "wheel"… utterly chilling. This picture does rekindle that atmosphere… wow

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
Very nice... and the 505nm is just amazing! I love that color.

--DDL

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize the 505nm is a U-15, but it's amazing how much further it penetratres. What's on the opposite side?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome photo. I like it on many different levels. As a flashaholic, the lights just look neat, and from a photographic point of view, the colors and beams of light penetrating the super darkness along with the extreme backlighting, is very cool, and on an emotional level, it's kind of scary... but makes me want to know what's going on.... and what's next.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your comments friends...I've been gratefully surprised by the comments about Alien, because in our group we are all fans of that movie, and some of us have names in the helmets such as: Dietrich, Ferro, Spunkmeyer, Crowe, Hudson, Wierzbowski... It is a little tribute.

On the other side my head is a U-04 with Edixeon KLC8 W bin, more than 200 lm, and on my right hand a U-15 with four Edixeon KLC8, 800 lm.

Regards,

Javier

BBL

Enlightened
Barbarin said:
Thank you for your comments friends...I've been gratefully surprised by the comments about Alien, because in our group we are all fans of that movie, and some of us have names in the helmets such as: Dietrich, Ferro, Spunkmeyer, Crowe, Hudson, Wierzbowski... It is a little tribute.

What, no 'Hicks' or 'Vazqez' :) ? In case you own a (water/surface) ship, it should be named either sulaco or nostromo :)

Is the monochromatic light better than white light underwater?