Just got a Fenix L2D CE

robbied

Newly Enlightened
G'day,

Just got my L2D CE today, my first proper light. As soon as it came I went to the store and got a 4pack of Eneloops + charger for $30 AUD which is a good deal compared with the other brands which can go for $70 AUD or more.

The light is great, didnt think it would be as bright as it is. This is definately replacing the 3D Mag as my duty light. No more back pain and being unable to sit down with the Mag for me! :)

The 6 different light levels/modes are great, even on the low setting it is still bright enough for using in many different situations.

I cant wait to play around with it tonight!

Cheers,

Robbie

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
It's a great torch, no doubt.

I'm interested in where you got the Eneloops + charger so cheap? I'm quite keen on NiMH batteries which can live in the torch for a while without being flat when I need em!

robbied

Newly Enlightened
gadgetnerd said:
It's a great torch, no doubt.

I'm interested in where you got the Eneloops + charger so cheap? I'm quite keen on NiMH batteries which can live in the torch for a while without being flat when I need em!

You can get them from Tandy or **** Smith, thats where I got them.

ugrey

Enlightened
Robbied, I just got mine two days ago and it is an amazing light. You have just started down a very long, bright, expensive path. Welcome to our nightmare.:) I started on this board 4 years ago and I have been amazed at the improvements in LEDs in that short time. My second real light was an ARC LSH-P that put out about 20 lumens from one 123 battery. These are the good old days. P. S. If you see Olivia Newton-John, tell her I still love her.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do i understand correctly that the L2D is the same as the P2D for brightness and runtimes? if i remember correctly its only runtimes that are effected..?

KeeperSD

Enlightened
robbied said:
You can get them from Tandy or **** Smith, thats where I got them.

Thanks for that Robbied, i am also very interested in them for my ROP. :sold:

The more i see about the Fenix lights, the harder it is to resist ordering one, someone please give me a reason to not buy one....... :whistle:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum robbied! I have the L1DCE and I think you will love your L2. Fenix makes nice lights for the money. If you value your money you might consider never returning to this place! The more you read and learn, the more you want, and the more you buy. Keeper, just go ahead and buy a Fenix.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello robbied, welcome to CPF. Good to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Stick around the b/s/t section for good stuff offered 24/7. Have fun...and have a nice night!

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
KeeperSD said:
Thanks for that Robbied, i am also very interested in them for my ROP. :sold:

The more i see about the Fenix lights, the harder it is to resist ordering one, someone please give me a reason to not buy one....... :whistle:

Thanks for the info Robbied, I know where I'm going this weekend...

KeeperSD, there are no reasons. Sorry about that, you'll just have to buy a few :)

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my L2D CE as well...gosh this thing's bright. Easily lights up a room when standing on it's end.

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
techwg said:
Do i understand correctly that the L2D is the same as the P2D for brightness and runtimes? if i remember correctly its only runtimes that are effected..?

The output levels are rated the same, you just give up the longer runtimes on the much shorter 1x123 P2D.

Take care... Quinn

Safety1st

Enlightened
excellent light...

Of course, you need many others...for different tasks...

I suggest you now look at Fenix P1D-CE, Surefire L4, Surefire M4 and some others...

The hobby isn't about a flashlight for everything, it's a flashlight for every location/pursuit.

KrisP

Enlightened
Another Aussie here who got his L2D CE 2 days ago :) I also got the Terralux EX upgrades for my Minimag and 6D Mag, and awaiting the parts for my ROP upgrade :D

I plan to order the L1D battery tube so I can shrink the L2D by 5cm whenever needed.

robbied... Where'd you purchase yours from?

Last edited:

robbied

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys, I got mine from TorchWorld, they are an online store based in Melbourne. I would recommend them, my torch was delivered the next day after I ordered.

KrisP how much money is the host + parts for the ROP project going to cost in total, im considering it as my next torch.

Cheers,

Robbied