Deal Extreme's Green Lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasSteve777

Newly Enlightened
Hello Laser Fans!!

I read a post from "m3ta1head" regarding his 30mW Greenie purchase from "Deal Extreme"....
He wasn't exaggerating at all.......
Incredibly :naughty: bright for only $27.59......

I installed the China Made AAA"s that came with the laser and was totally jazzed........Then after playing with it for a bit, decided to install a freshly charged set of 1000mah's........MAN!! What a difference good batteries make and what a BRIGHT little laser for only $27.59!!!! Such a great great deal!!!

Has anyone in here seen, purchased or heard anything about their 200mW??

I don't think Deal Extreme knows what they have there......VERY BRIGHT!!! Almost like the laser is mislabled and not a 30mW at all!!

They're only asking $120.00 for their offered 200mW.......

Am I right that a 200mW would be well over twice the power of the 30mW?? I've read in here that to double the power of a laser you must multiply 4 times......Is this correct?? If so, a 120mW would be double the power of 30mW, and their 200mW would be 80mW over double power??

Thanks for any help.......

And I agree with what m3ta1head had to say.......What a surprise from Deal Extreme!!!.......Shipping did take awhile (15 days), but well worth the wait, and the customer service was very very good.......They quickly responded to my emails regarding what I thought to be a delay in shipping (from China)......Incredibly BRIGHT and a very well made piece that has a feeling of quality with a nice and heavy in the hand feel, not junky or cheap feeling, with a small exception to the on/off button that could be a little tighter.

If anyone has seen, purchased or heard about their 200mW, any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

~Steve~ Las Vegas, NV

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
lolsign.gif

You sure are enthusiastic...
icon14.gif
but... no pictures?
huh2.gif
awman.gif

As for power, our eyes don't "see" increased power linearly; it is a curve. So your "double the power xs 4" may be correct at on point but not along the whole scale, and it is probably different for each wavelength/color.
au.gif
I'm sure someone wiser than I can explain it more elequently. :stipid:

VaThInK

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually interested in buying one as well. Unfortunately, I heard that they're not up to our expectation. However, I'm wondering, do people think that it's still worth the money though? When compared to the 30mW or 50mW counterpart (I've heard lots of praises on these models). I mean the 50mW is $60, right? Is the 200mW capable of producing at least 100mW of green to justify the $120 price tag? If it is, fair enough. Would I be better off with the 100mW or 150mW? Thanks in advance.

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
How many lasers do you have so far?
What are you going to use it for?
What do you want to do with it?
What are the typical use scenarios?
Who will be using it?

Once you answer these questions, an answer will simply present itself. :p

Aseras

Enlightened
I'm actually farily impressed with my "200mw" DX laser. I get over 100mw+ of green. that's a good deal for $120.

VaThInK

Newly Enlightened
Hum, I have a small collection myself. Roughly about 8 units. I'm trying to build up my collection of laser. They're going to be used mainly for experiments and personal light shows. Of course I wouldn't let anyone touching them unless under my strict supervision. But I can't seem to find the answer on which one is better. =( Please help me.

Cheers mate. ;P

EDIT: Aseras: That's good to hear. Do you happen to have proper equipment to measure the exact power output of yours? I will definitely buy it if it's capable of producing 100mW+ of green. At $120, it's too cheap to pass by. ;P

Last edited:

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting that people are complaining about the 200mw lasers but most people seem to love the 30mw (which I just ordered).

Tek465

Newly Enlightened
Minjin said:
Interesting that people are complaining about the 200mw lasers but most people seem to love the 30mw (which I just ordered).

Not at all, the 200mw is pushing the design to the limits (perhaps a bit over) and the 5mw is underwhelming.

The 30mw hits that magic sweet spot. Good performance at a great price.

Zeppert

Enlightened
I own the Deal X 30mW.

All I can say is that it was the BEST $30 I have ever spent on a green laser, absolutely, positively, without a doubt,.. period! :)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Please use the existing threads on the 30 and 200mW from DX, thanx. They are still active and running.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.