• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Bad or new Shark?

Mel_PL

Newly Enlightened
Wayne,

here is a close look at a Shark from your website (same as I received one day long time ago):

shark.gif

The Shark I received today looks like this:

MEL_shark.jpg

IMVHO the two capacitors (?) in red circle are in bad positions - the upper little element connects pads belonging to the same circuit. Is it okay?

-- M.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooops. My bad. I think I remember that board now. In soldering on the 0 ohm resistor I think I unsoldered the two capacitors and I put them back on I believe like that incorrectly.

Can you send an email to us with your order number and we will send you another one.

Wayne

Mel_PL

Newly Enlightened
dat2zip said:
Ooops. My bad. I think I remember that board now. In soldering on the 0 ohm resistor I think I unsoldered the two capacitors and I put them back on I believe like that incorrectly.

Can you send an email to us with your order number and we will send you another one.

Wayne

E-mail sent via shoppe.

-- M.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
We checked some of our inventory and found more boards like this. Most of them are OK, but, a small percentage are incorrect as shown.

Just a heads up as there may be more out there that we shipped like this.

We are in the process of screening all the remaining stock and weeding out the incorrectly loaded converter boards.

Wayne

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked the two Shark drivers I recently recieved. One is wired correctly, the other is wired incorrectly. I'm glad I didn't start wiring these up yet. EDIT: Sent e-mail via the Shoppe.

Last edited: