Picatinny rail flashlight holder?

Glen C

Enlightened
Does anyone know where to get a bracket to mount a 1" body size flashlight on a picatinny rail? Thanks in advance.

trailblazer

Newly Enlightened
Look at springfield armory, here is some info they sent me today. You can see it by visiting their website.
"The flashlight holder diameter is 1" the holder XD3511LH is $24 and can be ordered thru us".
Thank You,

Vickie

Customer Service

800-680-6866

Springfield Armory

Patriot

Flashaholic
These work pretty well and don't scratch up the flashlight body if you're careful. It allows it to be removed quickly which I like.
http://dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FSFAS2

Other good choices are 1" Leupold quick detach rings which are priced reasonably. But my favorite are the ARMS throw lever mounts although pricey. They require a spacer because they're 30mm.

If you need links to theses...let me know :)

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks unnerv, trailblazer and Patriot. This is for a friend and the info you guys have given me is perfect. I feel like slapping myseldf for not thinking of just using the 1" scope mounts but will check the other links. Thanks very much

:twothumbs

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks Boosterboy, there is a heap of info there, thank you
smile.gif

Paladin

Enlightened
The Surefire M78(executive size) and M79(1 inch) ring clamps are a nice solution. They clamp the light in a manner that allows QD of either the ring/clamp itself from the rail, or the light body from the ring/clamp for handheld use. Another bonus is they allow the light body to be rotated to orient either the beam profile, or the antiroll flats to clear the rail. HTH.

Paladin

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks Paladin, will look at those also, those are pretty handy features. It is a wealth of knowledge here :)

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chevrofreak, that is also a good price :)

In the thread that boosterboy linked to they can be purchased for $20 shipped.

Mine on my AK with a Pila GL2 in it (the GL2 was a very tight fit since the body is 1.040", so I had to use a rubber mallet to tap it into the mount)

IMG_1278_ssm.jpg

IMG_1297_ssm.jpg

roadie

Enlightened
wow is that a real working AK?

nice ..........

shall place that pic as my wallpaper ....

:)

Glen C

Enlightened
Perfect Chevrofreak, thanks for the pics. That is exactly how my friend wants to use it. I will probably use a Sniper with 170 lumen Cree. He wont care about the screws scratching it as I will be giving him the light.

I sent a couple of emails to the guy in boosterboys link, he didn't even bother to reply, I just took it as meaning he is not interested in doing his bit to help the US economy and the balance of payments problem ;) No problem, someone else will

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you planning to mount it on the rail? I've just got a T grip from these guys http://www.fab-d.com/catalog.php?cat=4 and so far it seems very sturdy. Haven't decided whether i'm going to put a G2 or a 9p in it. Either way i've got a LU60 that I will use for the bezel.

I've seen those before, but I didn't like the idea of another pistol grip and trigger on a rifle. I think there might be too much chance of squeezing the wrong trigger when you're under pressure.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I understand what you mean but its working fine for me so far. It is particularly quick at strobing, and when I adjusted the light in the mount correctly the lockout button is perfect in preventing the light going on.