Found New Brinkmann Legend LX Here

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Thanks for the help Mr. Bulk....I couldn't find any in my town after the great american flashlight hunt I did yesterday so I ordered one at that site...as much as i want it I was too chicken to use the next day air delivery of $57
smile.gif
I choose UPS ground for $4

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I just got mine today, pretty fast service even to Hawaii. Light is great, just a little heavy on the switch and there's a fix, although you must be VERY careful the kind and diameter of spring you substitute. Couldn't get mine to work with the ballpoint springs I had (light just stayed on all the time and clicker didn't click), so I put the old spring back and will just live with the heavy switch until I find some different springs to try out.

BillSJCA

Newly Enlightened
I squished the stock spring on my LX and got the clicker to function at a reasonable pressure.

If all else fails, perhaps JM would make a spring kit for it
wink.gif
or some velocity tar or moly might help
smile.gif

Bill/sjca

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BillSJCA:
I squished the stock spring on my LX and got the clicker to function at a reasonable pressure.

If all else fails, perhaps JM would make a spring kit for it
wink.gif
or some velocity tar or moly might help
smile.gif

Bill/sjca
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bill!

I'll check if JM will make me a *spring guide* for it!

Actually I found a rather larger (diameter) spring that I just rewound the top half of into a smaller diameter with needlenose pliers. So top just slides through the collar, but stops cold when the bigger diameter coils butt up against it. Kinda almost looks like the original, except with a finer wire gauge.