• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wanted - Fenix Knurled Extender!!!

wrathothebunny

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo,

Hey, I currently own a Fenix P3D, which is quickly becomming a favorite hear at CPF:) Many members here, including myself, see the lack of knurling resulting in a far too slick grip as the primary detractor for this light. Also, many individuals are trying to run their 17670 cells in this light, but get poor runtime as the P3D requires a minimum of 3.7 volts before it starts pulsing. In any case, would you be able to manufactor a knurled extender for the P*D series, either accomodating 2 x 17670s, or 2 x 17650s. Let me know what you think. A replacement body would work too - Thanks!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wrathofthebunny,

I must admit that I am not up to speed on any of the Fenix lights. Beyond some awareness and designs still based on the "E" series lights, I have not focused on accessories or modular solutions to any of the other flashlights out there and probably won't. I have a full plate and then some in my present areas of interest already. There are a number of other members engaged in additional parts for these lights and I would suggest you post in an area to get their attention and interest. What you seek sounds doable.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
wrathothebunny said:
McGizmo,

Hey, I currently own a Fenix P3D, which is quickly becomming a favorite hear at CPF:) Many members here, including myself, see the lack of knurling resulting in a far too slick grip as the primary detractor for this light. Also, many individuals are trying to run their 17670 cells in this light, but get poor runtime as the P3D requires a minimum of 3.7 volts before it starts pulsing. In any case, would you be able to manufactor a knurled extender for the P*D series, either accomodating 2 x 17670s, or 2 x 17650s. Let me know what you think. A replacement body would work too - Thanks!
Contact CPF member Leef, if there is enough demand, he'll do it. Good luck.

sejvaar

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of the truck liner stuff for an old slick light I am trying to salvage. Would it insulate the light and let it get too hot?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
sejvaar said:
I was thinking of the truck liner stuff for an old slick light I am trying to salvage. Would it insulate the light and let it get too hot?
Just put it where you hold the light. Or get creative and use masking tape for a bunch of rings of the stuff, that should work.