LASER video clips

chuck

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed, this year on American Idol (yes, I watch that show...) they've been using a lot of very abstract graphics on the giant screen behind the contestants.

Are graphics like those available for download, anywhere? Several of them resemble multi-colored LASER shows, and would likely be very useful for a project I have planned. A DLP projection, combined with real LASERS, it could be interesting and even kinda' fun.

Here's a youtube video showing the effect I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXb2RwTDhVc
Blake, singing Roxanne by the Police.

Watch the screen effects behind him. That's the kind of thing I want.

-- Chuck Knight

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
The Pink Floyd "Laser Spectacular" that I saw at the Polk Theatre in Lakeland, FL used 3 HD Projectors and 2 multiWatt Lasers for their show. I think the projectors overpowered the lasers a lil, but Ryan Waters, the... producer or desiger... I forget, said that the show they are doing now with the projectors is fairly new and they need to add some more power to the lasers to balance the show better.

chuck

Newly Enlightened
OR, reduce the power (or visibility) of the projector.

My church is wood paneled -- it's VERY different projecting onto wood, than projecting onto a lenticular screen. I have planned a particle animated fireworks show (amazing what you can find on the net) and a live LASER show. BUT, I'm projecting onto the wooden ceiling, so the real LASERs will be fairly dim...especially since I have only red pointers. (I have bigger plans for next year)

Anyway, if I project the red LASER onto the white fabric panels, and the DLP projectors onto the wood ceiling, then it should probably balance out better. It'll be a fun project, at the very least.

Any idea where I can get movie clips like the one that Idol used for that performance? I think it'd be spectacular.

-- Chuck Knight