• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Maglite 2D powder coat, white, green metalflake

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did these Maglites in powder coat, (dry powder sprayed with an electrostatic spray gun, then heated at 400 degrees for 10 minutes to bond the powder ) This finish is not as hard as anodize, but is much tougher than paint. This is the only way, so far, of getting a pure white Maglite. The cost would be $39.50, each, for these 2D Maglites. This would include shipping by priority mail in the US with delivery confirmation. International shipping would be additional. Turn-around time will typically be 3 days for most size lights. Some maglites have to be ordered and that will add 7 days. The powder coat can take the heat - most paints will have problems as they get hot. Being as they cure at 400 degrees - the power is very stable.

3D or 3C size - $45.50 - includes USPS priority shipping with delivery confirmation in the US

2AA size - $29.50 - includes USPS first class shipping with delivery confirmation in the US

I mask off all the threaded areas, the powder coat goes directly over the anodize finish, I do rough the finish with a scotch brite like pad.

I can do different size lights as well. I have some other colors available - let me know if you want something different.

PM me with your request and I will send you paypal information. First I'll take it in this thread gets it. Payment with in 24 hours or it goes back up for sale.

If you live outside of the US- don't send any money yet - I will have to figure out what the additional postage will be for international, not responsible for lost shipments
This is a 3D tri-color - yellow to orange to red. I can make more of these. The Tri-Color will add $5.00 to the basic cost of the light.
for example a 3D would be $45.50 plus $5.00 for the Tri-Color = total of $50.50

rainbow.jpg

White – number 1 SOLD

white-1.jpg

Green Metalflake number 3 . This is powder coat metalflake – (turquoise , blue and green flakes ) over a dark green Maglite – this is one really different light..The second picture is a close up showing the flakes SOLD

green.jpg

The close up..

green2.jpg

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Maglite 2D powder coat, white, yellow, green metalflake

Wow, these are sweet!!. I have been looking for someone to do a white powder coat. Man that is nice looking. Is there any way to get a 3D mag done in the white powder coat? Great work Will :twothumbs

Thanks
Tony

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can fit a 3 D in my oven - not a problem.

PM sent

by the way - powder coat can take the heat - it is cured at 400 degrees

this is a 3 D

rainbow.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

some other colors

S1.jpg

scottaw

Enlightened

I was gonna post just the other day wondering why nobody has powdercoated a light yet. Looks great, i would assume this will last even better than HAIII and should give a better grip. Soon as i decide to get around and build a super-sweet mag, im gonna need one of these.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

scottaw said:
I was gonna post just the other day wondering why nobody has powdercoated a light yet. Looks great, i would assume this will last even better than HAIII and should give a better grip. Soon as i decide to get around and build a super-sweet mag, im gonna need one of these.

They use powdercoat on a lot of things. I would not say it is tougher than HAIII or a better grip. It is smoother than HAIII, unless you get a texture finish, available in colors.

one advantage is the coice of colors

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Will, those do look cool. Wouldn't it be rad to find a white latex switch cover?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

LuxLuthor said:
Will, those do look cool. Wouldn't it be rad to find a white latex switch cover?

I think I will leave that to someone else....

Patriot

Flashaholic

I'm intersted in the metal flake in a chessy kinda way...lol. Is it possible to vary the amount of metal flake? The one in the picture doesn't seem to have much flake in it, but maybe the camera had trouble picking up the little specs....?

jaybiz32

Enlightened

Can you do bored out mag's as well?
JOe

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

number 1 taken
number 3 taken

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I only have the yellow one still made up. I can powder coat new lights if anyone is interested.

please PM me

for some reason - the new posts to my subscriptions doesn't always work.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm intersted in the metal flake in a chessy kinda way...lol. Is it possible to vary the amount of metal flake? The one in the picture doesn't seem to have much flake in it, but maybe the camera had trouble picking up the little specs....?

The powder is pre mixed and I can not vary the density of the flakes. I did some cars years back with automotive metalflake, the flakes are larger and they were mixed in with clear lacquer.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the one I like. Don't suppose it's for sale?

The fade on that one came out fine - not sure I can do it again. I was going to try a different mix - It is a fair amount of work to get that done..

This one is not for sale -

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump - yellow still available...