What Is "WriteRight"? And Where Can I Get...

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

...those "NextStar" bulbs for the MiniMag?

TIA!

jabajet

Newly Enlightened
"WriteRight" is screen protector film for PDA's - available at most office supply stores. "Nexstar" bulbs are available directly from Brinkmann, $4.95 for 2/pack(includes shipping).

-Joe

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened
Just make sure to get the WriteRight for monochrome PDA's. The WriteRight for the color screens lacks the texture that smooths the beam so nicely. I got mine at Best Buy.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys, your speedy and efficacious replies are most certainly appreciated. Now I shall sally forth and brave the hordes of flashoholics at Office Max, as well as search Brinkmann's site for the NextStar bulbs.

Thanks again!

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some WriteRight...excellent stuff for smoothing out a splotchy beam for a variety of incandescent & LED lights. But...

has anyone else noticed an 'X' shape to their beam like these?

XedBeam-001.jpg

XedBeam-002.jpg

XedBeam-003.jpg

This is on a 3C mag lite.

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
Just checked my two 2AA Mini-Mags and my 3D Mag.
No, "X" on mine but I'm using the Semi-T.
Contact Paper NOT WriteRight.
Can someone else with WriteRight please check?
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
WriteRight has a micro-texture which can make the beam show a cross in the centre. This usually looks like a whiter "X", but it's more of a hotspot than a flaw. If you're lucky, like I got with one of my Mag 3D's, it can show as a round-ish quite credible hotspot.

There is a photo of the texture in close-up on Quickbeam's and Chris M.'s sites.

Jahn

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris M

I probably have WriteRight on 20 flashlights including 2 Mag 3D's (One with 5 rechargeable cells and one with 9 rechargeable cells), a Mag 2D with 6 rechargeable cells, and Mag 4C, 3C, and 2C with 4, 3, and 2 rechargeable cells respectively.

Curiously, the only "X" patterns I have are with the Mag 2C and Mag 3C. Each have Carley Krypton Stars rated at 1.3 A and 1.7 A respectively. I have no idea why only these two lights have an "X"

aznduece

Newly Enlightened
I was experimenting with objects that could help diffuse my e2e beam and used a lid from a ILLUMINATIONS CANDLE JAR.

The lid was frosted so the beam was PERFECTLY DIFFUSED! no hotspots

Now if I can only apply this method with something that fits on my e2e bezel.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X is normal. I see it all the time on lights I put the Writeright on. This is due to the microtexture of the film. Writeright allows more light transmission than contact paper and I think the X is actually made up of hundreds of tiny little x's which seems to allow it to smooth the beams out a little better.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 'X' in the photos is on a 3C mag with alkalines. I also have seen it on my Arc White (alkalines) and, to a lesser degree, on my AA minimag w/Nextstar bulb and on my DoubleBarrell's...all have the 'X' to one degree or another.
confused.gif