Wallet suggestions?

flash_bang

Enlightened
Anyone have an idea of what stuff I can have in my wallet? besides cash, cards, and change, that is. I have bandaids, train tickets, and receipts, but that's it. I'm thinking about maybe wrapping ducttape around something, but looking for some input…
any ideas?
thanks,
Flash

Lightning143

Newly Enlightened
I've used a straight pin with a ball on the end (from new shirts) woven into a fold so the point doesn't stick me many times in 30 years of airline maintenance to remove all sorts of splinters, shavings from body parts. Plus there are always uses for a handy sharp object.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a titanium card? I used to carry a Spyderco Spydercard (credit card shaped folding knife) in my wallet, but have since switched to a titanium card, as it is thinner and lighter.

I also used to carry a Derringer wallet pen (google it) which was very handy, but since I've switched to an ultra-thin all-ett wallet, I'm down to just cash, cards, and the titanium card.

-Keith

flash_bang

Enlightened
That pin idea is really good! I think I might go for that sometime…
I'm not sure what you mean about titanium card, but a small folder might come in handy
thanks a ton!
Flash

flash_bang

Enlightened
GAH sorry about this, but I have a quick question. I'm looking for a watchband that I saw on a forum or something somwhere where it is webbing, wraps around the wrist twice, and was linked to a story where a guy's arm was pinned and the watchband kept his arm from shattering.
TIA
Flash

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.1sks.com/store/nemesis-nk3-titanium-credit-card-knife.html
This is what I mean by a ti-card. I bought mine from Countycomm, but the one I linked to above is basically the same thing. It is a piece of thin titanium roughly the same dimensions as a credit card, with one (or two) partial edges sharpened to use as a backup knife.

I'm not supposed to carry a knife at work (UPS) and have to walk through a metal detector. This allows me to have a back-up knife and is undetectable to the metal detector I have to walk though. I also carry a Swiss-Tech Utili-key on my key ring (would also fit in most wallets) as another small back-up knife that doesn't raise any eye-brows, but of course I wouldn't try to pass through airport security with either.

-Keith

flash_bang

Enlightened
For those who have maxpedition stuff, do you guys like the cocoon pouch and the anemone? I ordered both, and I can't wait to get em! Too bad they're being delivered via UPS ground ( :( ) oh well... What do you guys use em for anyways? I was thinking my flashlight and OHT for the cocoon, and my phone, notepad, extra money and maybe a tiny first aid kit for the anemone.
TIA,
Flash

flash_bang

Enlightened
Well, I got the cocoon pouch and anemone yesterday, and I love them! I think they are very functional little pouches, and with a lot of attachment options to boot!

BobVA

Enlightened
As much as I hate to admit it, the backup item in my wallet that's gotten the most use is a spare car key :sssh:

I also keep a pen in there as well - I use a compact telescoping PDA stylus in mine, but a multi-pen refill works in a pinch. Neither takes up much room.

If you put anything with a sharp edge on in your wallet, don't forget to dump it before taking a plane trip.

Cheers,
Bob

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can fit a lot of stuff in this wallet:

edcf-stuff.jpg

The pin is a good idea, and many of the newer Swiss Army knives include one.
I also stash a sewing kit and some paper inside my SAK:
sak-needle-and-thread.jpg

boosterboy

Enlightened
Anyone have an idea of what stuff I can have in my wallet? besides cash, cards, and change, that is. I have bandaids, train tickets, and receipts, but that's it. I'm thinking about maybe wrapping ducttape around something, but looking for some input…
any ideas?
thanks,
Flash

Wow, I thought I was crazy for being the only person at school to have band-aids and strips of white duct tape inside my wallet. People called me "crazy" until the cute girls cut their hands and needed a band-aid or broke their glasses and needed something stronger than scotch tape.

My goal is to have a very practical EDC setup that is low-profile so it help maintain professionalism and doesn't scream "NERD!!!!".

Ti card with sharp edge is a good idea, I don't know if it can pass TSA.

My recommendation is find those little zip-lock bags to seperate the band-aids from the rest of the stuff, to keep it sterile. One or two sterile wipes.

As for duct, you can either roll it around an old credit card/club card, or tear it into strips and place it on the shiny surfaces of the card.

A book of matches

Maybe some paracord?

two paper clips, (you never know when you need pliable thins strips of metal)

a county-comm mini pry bar (actually that should be on you

I was also thinking switching to a cordura wallet to replace my leather wallet (like Eagle industries, Maxpedition, Spec-Ops brand) to shave down on thickness and have some water resistance.

and something to hold coins so it doesn't clump up

Last edited:

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
If your wallet is chunky enough maybe a small USB, that or it could go onto your keychain.

Apart from the usual, i often have a few toothpicks thrown into the money section of my wallet, and some bandaids.

knot

Banned
Condoms are useful - and duct tape and maybe some wire and a hose clamp. How about some of those individually sealed handy wipes. I have a credit card sized plastic magnifying glass.

Last edited:

knot

Banned
I can fit a lot of stuff in this wallet:

edcf-stuff.jp

The pin is a good idea, and many of the newer Swiss Army knives include one.
I also stash a sewing kit and some paper inside my SAK:
sak-needle-and-thread.jp

Well if 'ya can't sit on it, it's no longer a wallet - it's a purse. :)