Got my new L1 today. (not Cree) *UPDATE* Put Seoul P4 in there...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one about a year ago with the square body. This one has the new round body and has a longer clip. I don't know how I feel about that clip yet. Have yet to use it. I'm a fan of the shorter clip. The head and tailcap seem the same though, can't wait for the .030" copper discs to get in so I can drop a Seoul in this bad boy. Any other differences' I should be aware of?

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
Re: Got my new L1 today. (not Cree) Notice any differencees?

so....how long before this one is fried? Just kidding!

I'm waiting for the new L1 to come out, I can't wait.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL! I guess my reputation precedes me! Any way not 2 minutes after I typed the original post, the power went out for about 3 hours. Talk about perfect timing...

Energie

Enlightened

I know, you like bright led lights.
But 110 V is way to much for a led without the correct resistor. No wonder that the power went out.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got done putting a USVOI Seoul emitter in it, on top of a .030" slug of course. NICE. I think this will be my EDC. Its easily twice as bright as the stock emitter. And MUCH whiter. I'm keeping the stock optic. Now I just gotta change that daggone long clip. I can't stand that....

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
Are the copper discs required for the new style L1's? I have an older L1 modded by Milky and I further modded it to a SSC just by removing the Luxeon emitter and resoldering the SSC, fits perfect and works beautifully. Way better output than the Luxeon

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe they are, or the beam will be all "bleh". Mine looks almost exactly like the stock beam, just with a little rounder edges and of course much brighter....