• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mint MR Bulk VIP w/accessories

charlesn

Enlightened
SOLD Well, it's time for another shelf queen to go. Up for sale is a bonafide piece of CPF history: an absolutely mint MR Bulk VIP with original accessories. It's now rare to find this black HA III legend in pristine condition. Included in this set:

1) MR Bulk VIP with CR123 Battery tube, original reflector head and "King's Crown" kroll switch.

2) The Bulkhead.

3) 2XAA Battery tube by Otokoyama.

4) Twisty Tailcap by Otokoyama.

To see and learn more about the VIP check out Cone's review here:

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Mr Bulk VIP.htm

And his writeup about VIP accessories here:

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Mr%20Bulk%20VIP%20Add%20On's.htm

Please note: 1) the AA tube is intended for rechargeable NiMH batts only! Using primary AAs of any type will fry the board. 2) You will need a foam donut for the Twisty Tailcap.

SOLD Price for the set is $150, shipped overnight CONUS. First to post "I'll take it" with no questions asked gets the light. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Mint MR Bulk VIP w/accessories

man, that's a real good price for the VIP and its accessories - too bad I can only afford to have one.

All the best for your sale.

farmall

Enlightened

Just a question. Since this is for rechargeables only do the batteries need to be "rested" before use?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The VIP is designed for 3V or less. Hot of the charger NiMh AA's or R123 run the risk of damage, with R123's being a greater risk than the AA's.

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's also a discussion about various battery setups here. Look for posts by MR Bulk or georges80.

charlesn

Enlightened

Thanks for the helpful responses about batteries. I have amended my first post to state (which might not be obvious to those unfamiliar with the VIP) that the stock battery tube is for a single CR123 cell.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

The VIP was one of MrBulks greatet lights. there were at least 3 diferent heads including a monster 3" head which some of waited a whole year to get. this light was supported very well with aftermarket heads, bodies tails, and ther bits. Not only that it is EXTREEMELY easy to modify with one of the newer emitters and we all know what a seoul will do behind a 3 inch charley reflector,,,well actually we don't but those of us that do know it is simply amazing.
Please sombody buy this before I have to at this price it is a steal.
Yaesumofo