Got my P3D-CE!

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
Yezz, finaly my P3D HaIII natural came!

Wow, it`s liveing up to the expectations. A wery god light, that now will be my new camping/trekking light. Good runtime and plenty of lumens if needed.

Now I only need that Aviatrix upgrade for my A2, and all my flashlightneeds are satisfied....for a while.....:grin2:

LA OZ

Enlightened
I agreed totally. The P3D is a surprise for me after many Fenix lights in the year. I believed it is Fenix's best. Great size, runtime and UI.

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
Kilovolt said:
I agree it's a very good flashlight. Mine is black, can you post a few pics of the HA III natural please.:popcorn:

I`ll post some photos this week.
The HaIII finish is very light, much lighter than the photos at i.e lighthound.com.
I have a lot of black flashlights, so this one looks almost posh :)

Does anybody know where to find a beltclip for the P3D/P2D?

BSBG

Enlightened
CandlePowerForumsUser said:
if i knew they were coming out with natural, i'd have waited :(

As I learned a long time ago on another forum - Get Both! :twothumbs

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I don't understand about the P3D is why they couldn't make it work with a single 17670 battery. Instead they put the circuit in there that makes it low voltage flash.. very dumb IMO since the 17670 can direct drive the LED by itself and contains more energy than two RCR's anyways.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
What I don't understand about the P3D is why they couldn't make it work with a single 17670 battery. Instead they put the circuit in there that makes it low voltage flash.. very dumb IMO since the 17670 can direct drive the LED by itself and contains more energy than two RCR's anyways.
ampdude, I thought a single 17670 did work in this light? I was planning on picking up the P3D-CE in Natural and I have a 17670 just waiting for it... :ohgeez:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The input voltage for the P3D's circuit is too high for a single li-ion cell for some odd reason. Apparently they wanted a function where the light would flash when the CR123A batteries were getting depleted. So it will flash when you put a single cell in. It was mentioned in the thread in the Dealers section back when these lights were introduced.

Also, check on Lighthounds website: http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2731

The voltage specs are listed as 4.5V-8.4V.

I was not that impressed with my L2D-CE, but I might have bought the P3D as a work light if it could take 17670's. Not really keen on the smooth body or multiple level switch though.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried a black one a few days ago, belonging to my colleague. P17670 wouldn't fit physically (AW's version), but 2xR123a works with functions working. It a really bright torch, smooth clicky action and UI. With the natural version out, I'm getting one. Lys...is the led centered? It wasn't on my friends P3D which btw came directly from 7777

RGB_LED

Enlightened
ampdude, thanks for the information - that's good to know. Since the input voltages are 4.5 - 8.4v, then it should work with 2xRCR123's as the total voltage would be 2x4.2=8.4v fresh off the charger.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been running my P3D without any problems on a 17670. An Ultrafire unprotected version fits. I took off the wrapper and wrapped it with thin packaging tape and it slides in/out very easily. It was a tight fit with the original wrapper.

I did a unscientific runtime test on high mode and it ran for 3 hours in full regulation (I stopped the test because it was late). I do not know how much longer it could have ran before seeing the flicker. All modes work fine. I think that the light could not maintain turbo mode after running in high mode at about a little over 2.5 hours. Prior to that, switching to turbo mode still worked without seeing flicker.

I do not let the cell discharge to a point where it cannot drive turbo mode without seeing flicker. I use this method to let me know when to recharge the cell. This is to prevent the cell from over discharge and damage. I recall seeing a runtime in Turbo mode with the 17670 and I think it ran for about 90 minutes in full regulation. I really like using the light with the 17670.

Last edited:

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting one. Lys...is the led centered?

Yes, the LED is dead center, and the tint is white. At least it appears so for me.
Had a slight problem with the UI one time, but it seems to be OK now.

Still havent used the light in the dark! the sun shines almost 24-7 here up north. (I live above the polar circle, and its no use for a flashligt in a while...)