Lens Cleaning

COMMANDR

Enlightened
Try cleaning all the optics with methyl alcohol, CH3OH,(rubbing alcohol) or ethyl alcohol, C2H5OH (drinking alcohol) and a coffee filter. Use as pure alcohol as you can find and wipe straight accross the the optic you are cleaning just once, test and then repeat if needed.

Gary

Kenom

Enlightened
I use a microfiber glasses cleaning cloth with a fine misted Alcohol spray sprayed onto the cloth. You can find them at walmart or shopko. Make sure you wash it first. I've seen some that are coated with cleaning chemicals and that's a bad thing.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Try the coffee filter dry rolled to a narrow point stuck in the aperature first.

Wash your hands before you roll the filter paper to a point, and just jam it in there and spin it.

It cleaned my greens and completely remvoed the halo around the beam, no other cleaners needed.

VegasSteve777

Newly Enlightened
A coffee filter and alcohol!!

GREAT!! :twothumbs

Thanks for the info guys!!

Much Appreciated!!

I'd be scared to jam and twist a completleydry cloth onto one of these lenses.......

I've heard that these laser lenses are very easily scratched and ruined!!

Using a dry cloth on ANYTHING that has dirt or dust on it could easily cause scratching, especially on such a delicate lens.....

My X thought she was doing me a favor by using a very soft, and very clean dry diaper to dust off my black Vette :ohgeez:.....

You could see the fine swirl scratches it caused when the light hit it just right!! :mad: Had to color sand and re-buff the entire car to bring back the flawless look.....2 days of sand papered bloody finger tips and hard work for a 2 minute mistake....

To me, it sounds like a fine mist of pure alcohol on a coffee filter is the safest bet....

I've heard that these lenses can scratch, even if you look at them wrong!!

LOL!!

Thanks again for the replies and helpful info. :bow:

~Steve~ Las Vegas NV

Aseras

Enlightened
i use virgin qtips. the cotton works the best and it's lint free. if you get a line you pushed to hard and swirled it so just polish randomly and spot check until you have a clean dot.

you can check for stray artifacts by just barely cracking a door in a dark room and shooting the beam out of the crack and spin the laser to identify what is on the lense and what isn't.

The worst thing you can ever do with any optic is touch it with your fingers. Once you get oil on them, it damn near impossible to get it off.

be careful with alcohol, windex etc.. those WILL remove coatings from lenses.