Finally...A GOOD 2AAA Light

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a couple let-downs in previous purchases of 2AAA lights (Hubbel, Pel SML), I finally ordered a couple PT Blasts. The Blast is head and shoulders above the other 2AAA lights I have! The beam quality isn't quite as good as I expected (...a few spots, but NO rings...), but it completely outshines the Hubbel and the SML. Ordered mine from a site called lowprice4u.com, and wouldn't recommend the site. Prices of the lights was good ($6.84 each), but the shipping cost was high ($11.64). I was willing to pay the extra for shipping because I assumed I would get fast service, but the lights took 9 days to get here. So with the service being so slow, the shipping cost completely off-set the good price of the lights
mad.gif
...All that aside, I think the PT Blast is an incredibly good light for it's size, and my quest for a good 2AAA light is over
grin.gif
...FYI

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a couple of the Blasts. They're very bright for their size, and they're really small. They are one of my favorite lights.

$7.99 at ****'s Sporting Goods with no shipping. I don't know if you have ****'s down in Florida (couldn't find a better way to phrase this), but you must have a lot of diving shops that would carry it.

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened
Another nice side by side 2 AAA is the UKE 2AAA mini. Smaller head than the Blast, so it pockets nicely. A red LED lamp assembly is optional, and one so configured lives in my darkroom. TTS and BrightGuy have 'em.