Kai's new approach to new lights

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Kai is asking for feedback on two potential new lights. Looks like they are already in production but he's asking for feedback on whether or not to offer them. Both are $15 shipped (each), one a cree, one a seoul, both use one 3.6V 14500 Li-ion cell only, both are multi-level, and as he states, both are fully regulated. They look intriguing for the price but I'm not sure I want to add 14500 Li-ion's to my existing mix of primaries and rcr123's.
Have a look-see:
https://www.kaidomain.com/vote/v1.html

mchlwise

Enlightened
I don't think I'll be buying a light that runs ONLY on 14500.

It's REALLY nice to have the option ala the Dexlight, but I also want to be able to throw in a NIMH or even an alki if I need to at some point.

So, I'ma have to give it a :thumbsdow

(Glad he's learned his lesson from the Rexlight fiasco and won't be selling things that aren't "in stock" any more) :sick2:

big beam

Enlightened
If you're going to make a AA or 14500 light it should be as small as posible IMHO.If it's going to have a larger bezel then you might as well go to a 17500 batt or 18500. This size of battery will still keep the light short but give better runtime,and you don't give up that much in over all size.

Just my .02
DON

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I don't want to offend anyone but I won't be buying any more lights from Kai either! I guess you get what you pay for. Can't expect much from a 15 dollar light!

the servents of twilight

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure if I will be buying one. I too like the form factor of the AA/14500 lights (Fenix/Rexlight/Jetbeam). I do like my Rexlight and I am glad that I purchased it. It could be better, but it is very bright on high. I am looking for something that could either run brighter (more than a burst mode) or run longer. On the other hand - $15.00 seems like a very good price.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light seems nice (especially for the price) but I to don't really see the point in a 14500 ONLY cell light. If you are going to do that why not make a RCR only light since it would be able to be much smaller.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
If you have a 1"+ body the battery of choice here should be a 17500, or 18500. Just makes sense. Now, correct me if I am wrong about the body diameter.

Bill

m3ta1head

Newly Enlightened
After rexlight, I'm afraid I won't be ordering anything from Kai at all anymore.

I still haven't received my rexlight. It's been well over two months since I ordered.

LightScene

Enlightened
I don't want to buy new batteries and a new charger for a cheap light. I'll stick with CR123/RCR123. They have plenty of runtime for me and I like the smaller size.

I have a couple of $15 lights from Kai and DX and they are worth the price, but I would rather spend more for well regulated reliable output. The cheap ones are bright, but they also run hot and you never know when they might go 'poof'.

sPEARs

Newly Enlightened
what i see its a package contains 1AA housing(w/glass lens+ alu-relfector) , Cree P3 star and 1x li-ion multilevel engine but not a "flashlight":laughing:

so its a "must buy" item for me

JimmyME

Newly Enlightened
Reluctantly, I have to say I'm not going to buy from Kai anytime in the near future either.

DealExtreme has also appeared on my radar as someone else to watch.

I'm beginning to think that you do get what you pay for and for consistent quality products and good delivery times I need to look elsewhere. (and maybe pay a little bit more)

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was booed and shooed last time I mentioned this, but there's something funny about these "cheap lights" coming from yonder.

:duck:

greenLED

Flashaholic
"funny" as in "fishy" - sorry for being cryptic, some people thought that I didn't know what I was talking about when I expressed my discomfort with certain businesses going off line and resurfacing as something else, etc.

Anyway, what do I know... :stupid: I'll go hide under my rock now.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
I finally got my lights from Kai after a month and a half. Though they are mostly worth the price, the wait was a definite big negative. I don't think I would have minded the wait as much if there were better communication from Kai. I'll probably still order from Kai, but they will likely be very small or single quantity orders until he can streamline the delivery process.

KuoH