I lost my SL4AA and it was found after I bought a replacement

uh... so I lost it. I know exactly where I used it last time, but most likely cause is it fell out of my bag from not zipping up or I stupidly left it sitting around somewhere public and someone helped himself to it.

Should I replace with the like one?

greenLED, if you come across a black SL PP with a set of eneloops in it somewhere, it's mine...

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My SL4AA = gone... buy another, or something else?

Sorry to hear the lost:awman:

I can recommend the Fenix line:devil:

Best regards

____
Tom

Illum

Flashaholic

did you check the elevator shaft?

the PP was the best light in its class prior to the emerging of the CREE/SSCs
I'd spend that money somewhere else but If you liked the light buy another

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened

did you check the elevator shaft?

the PP was the best light in its class prior to the emerging of the CREE/SSCs
I'd spend that money somewhere else but If you liked the light buy another

That is exactly what I've been hoping for the last few months... a SL PP 4AA with a cree or ssc. Anyone know if SL might ever make one?

fishx65

Enlightened

Not the brightest anymore but still a great torch! For 25 bucks, get another one! Or two! If Streamlight was smart, they would put a cree in this light and sell the crap out of it again!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do not have the SL 4AA but have the similar SurvivorLED. If you really liked the 4AA, I would buy another. No, it is not as bright or effecient as a cree light, but I would rather go into the woods or a cave with a Propoly than any cree light (if I only had one light) I could think of.

JimmyME

Newly Enlightened

Yes!

Replace it with like in kind.

The SL PP 4aa is an awesome light and still is. When you factor in it's run time, throw and general useability, it's still one of my favorite lights.

If Streamlight releases this light with cree or ssc with improved throw and output and keeps the same runtime, it will be a home run!

Matt Sutton

Newly Enlightened

If I were you I'd pony up for the 3C version PP. It's brighter, has a longer runtime, and if your 4A turns up you won't feel bad for having bought the same light twice. :thumbsup:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Should I replace with the like one?...greenLED, if you come across a black SL PP with a set of eneloops in it somewhere, it's mine...

Replace it! You won't find another light nearly as good as the SL PP 4AA Lux in its price range.

Better yet, get yourself two SL PP 4AA Lux. That way you'll have a backup the next time you misplace one.

After discovering an exceptionally great light, I usually get multiple copies. I have three SL PP 4AA Lux, four UK 4AA eLED Zoom, four SL Enduro, three SF G2.

All of these are great lights that can be counted on to work in extreme conditions when the chips are down. So far there are no Cree emitter lights I'd trust to replace these.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man I'd love to see the SL4AA with a Seoul to widen the beam some. I would buy one in an instant even though I haven't lost mine.

big beam

Enlightened

Has anyone ever modded one of these with a cree or ssc?If so do tell.
DON

Illum

Flashaholic

Has anyone ever modded one of these with a cree or ssc?If so do tell.
DON

theres a thread on it abut doing an LED swap but CREEing it would require the replacement of the driver circuits also, and so far no one have cooked up an ideal replacement...

if you have seen the mod thread, you'll understand why there are so few threads on it...the SLPP4AALux's head is as hard to mod as the inova lights:party:

theres no way you can do it with a wrench..nor can you boil it:shrug:, yu'll have to cut slots which destroys the lamp assembly in the process

Gryloc

Enlightened

Yes, you can have a Seoul P4 in your ProPoly 4AA or 2C. It takes a bit of patients and a rotary cutting tool, but it is not that difficult if you have some modding experience.

I created a thread a while back here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149149

By exchanging the Luxeon Star 1W LED with a Seoul P4, the brightness is extraordinary! Everything focuses like the original Luxeon (with the copper spacer), and the beam really does not widen any. You can purposely de-focus the LED if you want to get a softer beam, but you would have to experiment with that.

However, I do not think that you can get a Cree XR-E to work. The aluminum reflector will not focus with the XR-E due to that metal ring. The beam probably would not be as good though since the XR-E uses that small glass lens. You could pop off the lens and metal ring and it would focus again, but you would have to search the forums on how to safely remove the lens stuff (it is out there, but I do not remember where and by exactly who -Newbie?). If interested, I can search through old bookmarks for you. Just PM me.

Handlobraesing, I would get another. Though it can be a bit bulky and not the brightest, it is tough, has good runtime and a nice beam, and it is not that incredibly expensive. Matt Sutton has a good point. You could try the 3C version. It is even more bulky, and it has an awkward clip, but it is brighter and better in a way.

Well, I hope someone you know comes across your light. You should put a small paper identification tag with your name and phone number inside the battery compartment. Well, good luck!

-Tony

EDIT: Oooh, nice new CPF editor! Anyway. I just wanted to add (since I was too slow to type) that you will not destroy the head assembly with special, shallow slots if you do it right (not too hard at all). Yes, the pliers, straps, and boiling will not work (without damage). Also, the stock circuitry does just fine whether you use a Seoul or Cree. It powers the LED, depending on the Vf of the LED, at around 500mA. You can lower the current or even raise it to about 700mA with a hack that we came up with. You are just increasing the luminous efficiency of the light by using the Seoul (or Cree). You could change out the circuitry if desired and use a Downboy driver (pretty tough) if you want even more current, or but it is not necessary.

Last edited:

FLUCK!
I ordered and got another one, then I found it... at my friend's house.