Who has the best deal on Sanyo Eneloops AA?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The local Circuit City has them for $22/8 pack (has been advertized here at 19.99 but apparently they have different prices in different stores, or the sale ended)

Amazon.com has an 8 pack for $19.99 plus $10 shipping

I need about two 8 packs

mapson

Enlightened
Isn't Amazon free budget shipping for over $25? I would say get two on Amazon and shipped free.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
hhgregg in Columbus, Oh has 4-pks for $7.99. You can see them on their website but they're available in-store only. My son who attends OSU picked some up for me and I'll have them in my hands Sunday.I hope the dates are good-I forgot to have him check.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
HHGreg is still the best deal if they are near you, some stores have them at 9.99 for a 4 pack and others have them for 7.99.
Thomas distributing then has 4 packs for 11.97.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other words, no hot deals right now.

Maybe later? I would think it is a certainty they will introduce higher capacity cells, making current 2000 MaH obsolete and cheap?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
I was near Anderson, IN this weekend and happened to pass a HHGreg store. Stopped in and asked for rechargables.
After being pointed to Energizer, I asked by name for Sanyo Eneloops.
Got the answer that they didn't have them.
On the other side of the salesperson, they were there.
On the same display, some were marked 9.99 and some 7.99.
So I am now part of the Eneloop club.

Now only if I could get these darn packages open...

Jon

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
At either of the hhgreg stores I have been to they are all at the camera counter while the rest of the rechargeables are on a display on the side wall of the store.
I don't understand why the difference in price even when in the same store but the last time they all rung up $7.99 and the first couple times they rung up 9.99 and I had to point out the sitcker.

paulr

Flashaholic
Circuit City's web site lists them at $27.96 per 8-pack :(. I'd be wary of so-called refurbished batteries. I do see a few online places have them for $20 or so per 8-pack plus shipping. I guess I'll stick wth $11.99/4-pack at Ritz Camera down the street from me (about $13 with tax) unless I need a large quantity. Unfortunately they only have AA's.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Some have reported their local Wal-Marts now carry 'em . . . .

But nothing around ME !

:mecry:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target has the Rayovac Hybrid which is the same general technology as the Sanyo Eneloops for $9.99 for a 4pak of AA. 2100mAh.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
B/L, thanks for the heads up on BatteryBob. Even better---they've got 2 packs of eneloop AAAs @ $4.19 w/free ship. Excellent deal, and I never seem to find any on the AAAs. :thumbsup:

barkingmad

Enlightened
Although all the 'hybrid' batteries are similar in that they are all LSD (low self discharge) it does not mean they are as good as each other.

I have tested Uniross Hybrio and Sanyo Eneloop and although the Hybrio have slightly greater capacity (perhaps 50-100mah) I think the Eneloop are superior. They appear to have a higher voltage both at start and under the same load and a flatter discharge curve.

Eneloop :kiss:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Energizer is working on a low discharge rechargeable? I sent back 20 of my Energizer 2500mah AA's as they seemed to all discharge way too fast. They sent me coupons for replacements, but since they are still selling the same 2500mah at stores, it might be a crap shoot that I would get back the same type that I sent back to Energizer.

If only I could use these coupons for Eneloops. That would be great!

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
HHGreg in Atlanta has the AAA packs for $9.99 and the AA packs for $11.99. I stop in there every now and then to marvel at their bed display in an electronics store, and have not seen the price change.

AF,

I'll tell you a secret I learned today. Place a small first order with BatteryBob and you will get a 10% off coupon after your first order ships!!! Then order big.

Hope that helps