Power supply for surplus laser scanner mirror

fixorater

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. Purchased a cheap laser scanner mirror a couple of months ago and I've tried using various improvised power supplies to no avail. This is a long shot but if any of you recognize this particular model or know a good place to look for a proper power suppply it would be greatly appreciated. I've done the usual google searches but I've yet to find anything.

I'm posting some pictures below.

laser1.jpg

laser2.jpg

laser3.jpg

chuck

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these lying around...it appeared to be a standard DC motor. My guess, since scanning speed would be critical for some applications, is that it's a DC servo. + and -, and an optical feedback circuit as well, to determine rotational speed. Might be nothing more than a hall sensor, though.

-- Chuck Knight

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I have something similar, bigger mirrot, but it only has 3 leads, +, -, and speed control I think. Mine has run on 7 to 12+ volts. I have hooked it up to a computer motherboard fan hook up, an old Laser FX power lead for the light bulb, and a regular 12 volt wall wart. I think Craig got something similar a while ago, I'm sure he will post if he recognizes it.