3 bulbs from LumensFactory

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooooooooh.....

http://lights.lightrefineries.org/?page_id=162

Just read.... I am exhausted writing it all up......!!

Pretty pictures are in the thread itself.

aag.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

As you can tell I am pretty excited about these bulbs, because for the first time we have a drop-in high output lamp for the E1e, a rechargeable E2e lamp that does not need custom work, a high output E2e lamp, and something that can hold its own against Surefire's P91 lamp.

A lot of the attention is on LEDs right now, and believe me I love LEDs (most of my small lights are LED!), but there is a price/performance ratio that just can't be beaten. To get more output out of an E1e you previously only had LED options to work with, now I can get a full 60 [output] lumens or 90 bulb lumens out of the E1e for just $15. Try getting a similar increase in output from a LED for the price!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Kevin,

Excellent review.

I have transformed my E1e lights to some pretty powerful lights using these lamps. I picked up the HO-E1A as a stock replacement lamp, but had to also try out the HO-E1R and EO-E1R lamps.

I ended up putting the 50 lumen lamp in my every day E1e, and have the 90 lumen lamp in my Wine Light for special occasions. :)

This is a very impressive upgrade for the E1e.

Tom

DM51

Flashaholic
Very well-written and informative review, with excellent photos. The E-series SF lights suddenly look a whole lot more interesting with these LF bulbs available for them.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys :)

As fellow Winelight owners will attest, we now have a credible high output option. No, you cannot buy a KL1 in winelight finish (if one ever pops up, keep me posted, I HAVE to see at least a pic of it).

No, a standard HA olive green KL1 on a pretty Winelight is NOT an option, it is UUUUUUUUUUUGLY!!!!!!

Yes, you CAN ream out the interior of the Winelight bezel and install a LED conversion, it will cost you more than the Winelight itself.

So I am quite glad we do not have to spoil the finish of the light, compromise visual appeal (which is the whole reason behind it - or I'd just buy a stock standard E1e instead of paying a premium), or spend megabucks to get some serious useable output out of these lights. 15 lumens from the MN01 just doesn't cut it with me.

aab.jpg

And even if they did make the KL1 in winelight finish, I have another light that is EVEN harder to find a match for:
act.jpg

E2e in electroless nickel. Rarer than a snowball in Hell. Now I have a high output option for it and I LIKE IT
dance.gif
. Rare or not, this was the actual light used to perform my beamshots. It comes, as any standard E2e does, with the MN03 lamp.

Obviously being lumen freak I went for the highest output EO-E2R (2xR123). Waiting on additional R123 cells from Lighthound right now.

Last edited: