Original Orb Raw

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
This little gem is still my most often used light. I have used it for SO many tasks that I can not really begin to explain them all. Perhaps the most handy thing about it is that I carry it on my keys in a black victorinox leather case. If ever it is too bright I just put hand over it and let whatever amount of light I need spill out. It doesn't get too hot until a few minutes of constant running. As far as the short run-time...roughly 15 minutes on a full charge--for as often as I use it, I really only use it for short bursts of less than 30 seconds at a time, so I usually charge it once a month if that. Another reason I hold this light so dear is because all my other lights were stolen, including my 3C 'twoksabre', my 1 Pila shortened cut-down-D light with U-bin Lux, my Inova X03 w/Tiros, my streamlight Propoly Lux-1 watt (other fav) :(

Anyways that is all!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Yes I still have one and also have the Victorinox pouch which fits
it so well. :thumbsup:

I had it upgraded to a SSC-P4-UWOH and the amount of light it puts
out is almost unbelievable for its size.

It can completely light up quite a large room!

The original one is a collector's item for its classically simple, smooth design
with no logo.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, do I totally agree! I love the original simple, no nonsense design. I also upgraded it with a P4 and a 2 stage. I have been wearing mine around my neck for about a year now and would feel naked without it.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Glad there are a couple out there like me who love their Raws! I need to clean mine off, give it a nice polish, adn grease it back up though...it's getting dirty. Did you guys get yours with (precious) tritium?? It has come in handy just a handful of times but it is still a good thing to have!

onthebeam

Enlightened
I have an NS and agree it's a gem. The nickel silver is also getting a bit dull. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to polish this metal?