Nova Lasers Optical Accessories !

SenKat

Enlightened
I received a HUGE assortment of Optics from Nova Lasers ! This thread will be touching base on their Diffraction Gratings. Diffraction Gratings have different designs etched into the Grating - allowing the results to be seen when you shine a laser through them. The resuts can be truly spectacular, as you are about to see ! Completely insane is the way I would describe these - they are custom fitted into a small cap, which sides easily over the Optics holer from Nova Lasers. The assortment I received was HUGE, so I will be posting lots of pictures in this thread, and some pretty cool videos as well. This Grating is similiar to a line generator, but has pin points of light along the line. Without further ado - here is the first of the gratings:
IMG_1867M.JPG

This one looks kinda like the Death Star to me !

IMG_1872M.JPG

Here is the same grating, but I was moving the laser a bit :

IMG_1874M.JPG

This one is a very bright star !

IMG_1875M.JPG

Almost a "cloverleaf" pattern embedded in a field of stars :

IMG_1877M.JPG

Same one, again with movement :

IMG_1882M.JPG

A Checkerboard pattern - I blew some smoke in the pic so you can see that these gratings make individual beams - VERY cool effect !

IMG_1886M.JPG

Another Death Star looking one - with wisps of smoke :

IMG_1889M.JPG

A field of stars - this one has a square highlighted in the center - again a tiny bit of smoke added:

IMG_1892M.JPG

Another shot with more smoke added :

IMG_1893M.JPG

Larger view of the field of stars :

IMG_1895M.JPG

Spinning starfield ! Woooo-hooooo ! This is enough to almost make you dizzy in person :)

IMG_1897M.JPG

Here's a couple of videos using the same gratings, but FOG enhanced !

VIDEO ONE

VIDEO TWO

The second vid shows off their Beam Expander, and their Line generator - two LITTLE optics that can be used by means of their lens and accessory holder. The front aperature cap unscrews, and this little tube screws right in there.
It has three set screws, to hold whatever optic you have in place - and they are a little bit on the tiny side - you may understand a little bit better in the "outtakes" version - the second video...no editing - okay, a LITTLE bit, but c'mon...

Okay - I am using their stock photo of the lense and accessory holder for the X-series laser !

xserieslensholderwoptics2.jpg

This is the end of Part One ! I will post Part Two later today :)

SenKat

Enlightened
Check out their accessory prices HERE

They are a little costly, but - IMO....for what you get ? Definitely worth it ! They are PERFECT to slide on the end of the laser in a split second :)

snabs

Newly Enlightened
wow, these look awesome.
are there other places where one can get these as well. just for price comparison.

thanks