Lenspen Reviewed

Kenom

Enlightened
Timelord at LPF recommended a product that I've taken the time to purchase and review. The lenspen is perfect for cleaning the lenses on damned near anything that has glass or plastic. I've used it on everything I can think of and havn't been dissapointed yet. I will go through and show you how effective this thing is.

You can find the lenspen here! www.lenspen.com

The pictures I took were from a webcam that had an upgraded lens from a security camera so it's of pretty good quality. I also cleaned it with the lenspen :) but they are in no way shape or form as good as the pictures taken by the microscope in the test of the product by a university. http://www.lenspen.com/403 click on test results.

I actually called the company to find the longest barrel on a lenspen and which product would work best for getting inside smaller aperatures on lasers and the product they recommended was the MicroPro Lenspen

The pictures:

The lenspen MicroPro and Cellclear

pen1ou5.png

pen2jh7.png

pen3vm0.png

pen4ma7.png

The lens.

lens1zr6.png

lens2tm6.png

The DREADED FINGERPRINT (on a crystal ball)

printxv6.png

You can actually see the lenspen removes the oils I didn't even know was there

goneul1.png

gone1he4.png

Finished Product on the lens itself. (this lens has a scratch on it so it had a tendency to accumalate the carbon they use to clean with in the crevice created by the scratch.)

cleariz4.png

Conclusion?

This thing ROCKS! I've used it on so many things in my home it's unbelievable. Flatbed Scanner, digital camera, webcam, security camera's, Lasers, flashlight lenses, crystals and the cellclear works awesome to clean off the digital camera lens on my Treo 650

cellee4.png

At $8.95 SHIPPED. I recommend this to anyone who has a laser and gets dust and debris inside the aperature of your laser. They are currently running a promotion if you buy the lenspen you get a Cellclear for free and you just can't beat this. It sure beats using a q-tip and alcohol which can be hard to carry with you while your out showing off your lasers. This fits right in your pocket and BAM out it comes. 10 seconds later your using a nice clear beamed laser. I've found that the initial cleaning takes a bit longer than 10 seconds but not much.

Gazoo

Enlightened
Hello Kenom,
Thanks for reminding me I have one of those...lol. I will try to find it. I don't remember where I bought mine from but it does work very well. I used it for cleaning the lens on my projector. I see it would be perfect for laser lenses. Nice review.

SenKat

Enlightened
Nice work there... :twothumbs

How do you think it would work on projector lasers, or plug in ones? First surface mirrors?

Ah...FS mirrors....GREAT idea ! If the pics they post are any indication of the quality of their product, I would personally hazard a guess that it would be fantastic for FS mirrors !

Kenom

Enlightened
I used it on my little laser light show and it cleaned that mirror up perfectly. If it's glass, you can expect it to remove everything cept scratches.

luigi

Enlightened
I wrote a small review of the SIMA PLE lens pen here:
http://edcreviews.blogspot.com/2006/12/sima-ple-lens-cleaner.html
I'm on the second one, the first one lasted about 2 years until the cleaning tip wasn't very effective. I used it for my camera lens, flashlights and for my sunglasses too so it got very intensive usage.
I bought it from flashlightlens.com in case anyone is interested.

Luigi

picrthis

Enlightened
Yes I have one of them too, they really do work; surprised it took so long for the word to get out. :twothumbs

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a standard Sima LensPen; it is much too large to fit the apertures in laser pointers.
The next time I have any $$$ at my disposal, I'll have to pick up the "micro" version.

Timelord

Newly Enlightened
I have a standard Sima LensPen; it is much too large to fit the apertures in laser pointers.
The next time I have any $$$ at my disposal, I'll have to pick up the "micro" version.
I have the micro version and the tip is 6mm wide so it will make mincemeat of any dirt on laser, not to mention you cameras, telescopes etc will love you for the 1st class treatment you gave them :twothumbs

badhorsey

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived yesterday. My 55mw Leadlight 105 was a bit speckly and not up to its former glory.

Sadly the lenspen was too big for the aperture. So, out came the pliers and after a hairy five minutes, I got the cap off the 105 for the first time.

Applied the Lenspen - WOW. As good as new!

Can't recommend enough - I got mine off eBay for buttons.

Sable

Enlightened
These little guys are also GREAT for cleaning dSLR camera sensors - you don't have to apply hardly any pressure, and it usually gets quite a lot (if not all of) the dust that invariably accumulates on them.

The brush isn't the right kind of material like those funny dedicated "Sensor Brushes" - I'm not 100% sure what the difference is (The Sensor Brushes are softer, which could be the biggest one), but the pen part is awesome.

Kenom

Enlightened
I should say that if you really want it to fit inside the barrel of your lasers or the majority of them you have to get the MICRO. I'm pretty sure any of the others have a fairly large head and won't fit inside the aperature unless you take off the head.

I am unsure as to if the head will accumulate debris and dirt and get dirty. the manufacturer claims that it will always pick up a new collection of cleaning compound. They do claim that it's only good for so many cleanings so I would imagine that it will eventually get dirty and need to be replaced.

Update. Directly from the manufacturer the price has gone up for the Micro. $14.95 shipped.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well guess what?
The "micro" is still too large in diameter to fit inside the apertures of green laser pointers. :shakehead
All I can do here is hope that the laser in need of lens care has a removeable front cap.