How do you carry spare batteries

defusion

Enlightened
Do you need them to be on your body?
I usually just put them in my backpack, in one of those zip-lock bags.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i use ziplocks too or sometimes just a rubberband but not for edc. usually the battery inside is enough daily.
i have a charger at work to top off if i used it the day before. truly free lumens :wave:

GreySave

Enlightened
I carry six CR123A spares in a dedicated carrier in my trunk jump kit. If need be this flat carrier is thin and small enough to fit in a shirt or vest pocket or a belt pouch for extended operations.

I also have SureFire spare carriers in my jump kit at home for the additional lamps that I may carry as needed. Everything I have and use is purchased with the intent of being pocket, belt pouch, and / or backpack carried depending upon the circumstances. The belt pouches can each carry up to three lights, the flat battery carrier, and a spare lamp assembly. I also have a separate carrier for the "normal" battery sizes.

This may seem like overkill, but in a worst case scenario it is possible that I may need to operate for 8-36 hours without any support, so preparation is the key.

I do not remember the brand name of the flat carriers but they came from CompUSA as a close out item. They have two inserts (one for CR123A and one for CR2) and were priced VERY reasonably.

ensile

Enlightened
Do you need them to be on your body?
I usually just put them in my backpack, in one of those zip-lock bags.

Same, and if I have a couple i just lacky band them tight or tape them up tight within the (Sealed) ziplock, keeps away dust, moisture and any contact with metal obects.

The other storage is a peli 1010, i think this case is way too good to host some lithiums, so i'm going to change this situation. I'd really love a SF revolver case, they just look so good, but that would be a totally impulsive buy... which is what i do best. so expensive though, for a holder..

KoiSG

Newly Enlightened
For me, I use 'Dequadin' lozenges (Orange flavored) tubes bought from the pharmacy to store my CR123s. 3 Cr123s (2 AAs can also) can fit into 1 tube with very slight rattle which could be rectified with a thin form pad and it fits the side battery compartment of my Pila GL3 pouch perfectly. Best thing is that it only cost about S$3.80 (US$2.45 approx.) per tube with 25 lozenges thrown in. :grin2:

I also carry a SC1 with six CR123 in my bike for my Falcata.

And for my P1D CE, an advantix container with 2 CR123s.

Sean

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pick your poison (missing are some Kodak Advantix film canisters):

sparecarriersfamilyzp1.jpg

GreySave

Enlightened
Ah....The little green carrier in GreenLED's image is the flat carrier I spoke of. It's a very convenient size.

Empyfree

Enlightened
I've always fancied a single CR123A spare holder to go on my keys next to my P1D-CE. It would be a good first time project for anybody with a new lathe and a bit of spare time! Of course you'd have to be carefull with the insultion!

scottaw

Enlightened
I hunted a long time for a case i liked, still haven't found exactly what i wanted, but i use KODAK advantix film cases. I didn't write kodak in caps b/c i case about brands, BUT other advantix cases will NOT fit 123's. Nobody told me that when i ordered film cases off ebay and half of them are now useless to me.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I EDC an HDS U60GT in my pocket and a Fenix P1D-CE on my belt as a backup light and a battery carrier. When the HDS battery needs changing, I swap in from the P1D-CE and then later replace the P1D-CE with a new lithium. If I was going afield, I'd carry spares beyond this, but around town and at work, it's worked well.

Ken

DM51

Flashaholic
The food container shown in GreenLED's photo in post #11 (the translucent rectangular one in the pic with a blue sealing ring and 4 locking flaps on the lid). These are good, inexpensive, lightweight, water and dust proof, come in various sizes and are very good for storage and carrying of all sorts of flashoholic items, including all battery sizes. Good value. For tougher use, SF spares carrier or small peli case.

DeLighted

Newly Enlightened
Get a Leefbody for your P1D-CE and then buy a screw on cap from Kooter that fits the origional P1D-CE body you replaced and then hang that on your keychain. :D

Kent

I've always fancied a single CR123A spare holder to go on my keys next to my P1D-CE. It would be a good first time project for anybody with a new lathe and a bit of spare time! Of course you'd have to be carefull with the insultion!

cdosrun

Enlightened
Well, they aren't exactly pretty, but these are my little DIY holders that sit in my pocket every day, cheap and effective.

DSCN02350001.jpg

It is pretty obvious what they are, a piece of 20mm PVC conduit for the CR123 cell, and 12x22mm oval trunking for the AAA cells. A little tape and some paper or cardboard end pieces to stop the cell falling out and the job is finished. They aren't water tight, but I don't go swimming with my trousers on.

I find them an improvement on lithium cells shorting out in my pocket.

Andrew

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep them in a zippered pocket in a couple of jackets, at least the single batteries I carry. I have a case from InAnyCase.com, that I keep my CR 123's & CR2's in.