Mozilla Thunderbird help

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
T-bird recently updated itself and now when I open the application, it does not come up into the inbox showing past/current messages with the message window on bottom. (Classic view)

It now opens into

A bar showing Accounts
View settings
Create new account

Bar for advanced features
search messages
manage messages.

I cannot figure how to get the inbox settings to stay. Help!

Last edited:

orionlion82

Enlightened
you probably got a bum download/install with a segment of garbled data in it. happens sometimes.

i would back off the new version, go back to the old and then try the new one again, and youll likely rule out flukes.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this Thunderbird 2.0? Can you post a snapshot of the page in question? There should be an option to choose 'Display Inbox when opening', or something like that.
Or have you fixed it?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how to get a screen capture. If you click local folders in the folder pane, that is the screen I get when opening.

Re-installed V1.0.5 and it had the opening screen I like. When updated it with V2.0.0 it reverted. I've done this with two different DL's of 2.0.0 so there must be some stray config file in the directory that triggers it.

The other system also running the same version, it opens in the in box correctly. :confused::crazy: