DealExtreme - JetBeam CL-E vs Dexlight X.V.

mdt1007

Newly Enlightened
on dealextreme, between the JetBeam CL-E vs Dexlight X.V. which is a better overall light? they seem to have the same features though the jetbeam doesn't say HA-III on the description (it is though.... right?). the jetbeam is out of stock but if you guys convince me that it's the better of the two, i'm going to nab one as soon as they get it. hopefully the new batch will be version 1.2 with improved threads. thanks, all! :twothumbs

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
I hv the Dexlight XV and very happy with it. It's very small and also very bright on the high mode. Built quality is fantastic!. :twothumbs I'm EDCing the light now.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My JetBeam CL-E from DX does have HA III. In fact, the anodizing is about as nice as any of my lights. This one is from the batch that went out a couple months ago.

Geoff

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I'm afraid my DX X.V is both dimmer and with shorter runtimes than my group-buy C-LE. Both have the same PWM freq of 73 Hz. See my runtime review here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166448

I understand from some of the discussions around here that the X.V uses an earlier version of the C-LE light engine, hence the lower efficiency. I also seem to recall those that got the C-LE when it was first available on DX reported that it too had the earlier head (as opposed to what the pics on the site showed).

That being said, it's still a good light for the price.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my C-LE from DX for almost a month now, and I really like the light. For $26.00 it has a nice beam and build quality, the UI is easy to use, and it is a nice size. I have no thread issues with it and i carry it in my pocket very comfortably. I can't comment on the X.V, but I have been eying the X.1.