Todays news....

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a few hours of driving time today, so what better thing to do than call the various flashlight manufactures?

Peilican will introduce its M6 (2 cell x 123) in the next few weeks. I was told many improvements since the prototype at
Shot 2002. They are just finishing the packaging, and if I'm a good little boy, they might let me have one to play with in a couple of weeks.

When I talked with SureFire in March, none of the new products were in production. Today, PK said most of the new products were at various levels of production, and that some were actually in assembly. Still no delivery dates...

CMG said that their new AA has been (brighter/shorter run) has been pushed back to summer. They have a new light "reactor" which is 2xAA that is led and supposedly brighter than Mag 2aa. Whoa, what is this? LED and brighter than a MAG AA? You guess is as good as mine but the only LED as bright or brighter than the Mag AA is a luxeon

Spork

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
They have a new light "reactor" which is 2xAA that is led and supposedly brighter than Mag 2aa. Whoa, what is this? LED and brighter than a MAG AA?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't wait to see what it is but I bet there over hyping it. out of the 3 products they have on their page the infinity is the only one worth owning. I could be wrong but I don't think they have the know how to make a good luxeon light.

ChrisA

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I could be wrong but I don't think they have the know how to make a good luxeon light. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do not agree to that. They were the first to bring out a regulated led-light and although it's dim by today's standarts that's only because they hold on to nichias specs (and focusing on runtime). Hopefully the cmg "reactor" will be available soon - a regulated luxeon-light roughly double the size of an infinty would find it's way into my backpack for sure...

Chris

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
CMG is hoping to ship this new light by Memorial Day. Don't really know if it is regulated, if/what kind of circuits it may have, or what kind of LED is has.

I too agree with Chris. It's agreed that the Infinity is not very bright by todays standards, but the 40+ run time using a dc-dc circuit should not be overlooked.

CMG is a very smart company. They know their customer, and what they are willing pay. I would love to see a Luxeon from them, but that may not be in their marketing strategy, or where they want to be as a player.

Spork

Enlightened
I hope they do make a good luxeon light because I'm not going to pay 100+ dollars for a arc ls. Since the arc aaa came out I thought I was one of the only people left that still appreciate their infinity. I wonder how much it will be? I wonder if its really a luxeon light?

ChrisA

Enlightened
since they use two AA's i guess it must be some kind of dc-dc-booster in there to get that thing anywhere near as bright as a mag... man, how i hate waiting
wink.gif

chris

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if you are talking lumens and not just the mcd of the hotspot 3 LED should put out as much overall light as the mag. At least 3 arc AAA's turned on together puts out a good bit more light than my worn out blackend bulb maglight.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
I hope they do make a good luxeon light because I'm not going to pay 100+ dollars for a arc ls.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would bet that the ARC LS comes down in price after a while. Kind of like when CD Players first came out.

I am with you, 160 bucks is a lot, but then again, I really want a ARC LS 123 pack on my keychain.