Oh no its still daylight and theres windows in every room and the closets are full... Time for a blanket party.
- To make the Maglite 0D I cut the bottom 1/2 inch of body tail threads off a 6D Mag that died (Duracells exploded due to water in the tube.)
- Then I beveled the cut edge of the threaded ring so it would slip into the head.
- I coated the first few threads in the head with epoxy and took off the bezel and lens.
- Then with an old tailcap threaded onto the ring I hammered it into the head.
- Wiped out excess epoxy and cut the reflector to fit, screwed on the lens and waited for B@RT to order the sphere... waiting... waiting...
- I crazy glued the sphere onto the reflector when it arrived having no more patience to wait for epoxy to dry.
In my childhood fortress of solitude an eeire light emerged as my eyes adjusted and BEHOLD it was worth all the wait.
Behold the Glow!
Behold the Throw!
Power Source: 18mm Green Tritium Sphere
Runtime: 12 years to 50% output
Output: 100 EGGU*
Okay so its only a few inches off the wall. The camera can't pic up the light it throws at distance. Let me just say in total darkness I can see my feet and everything thats not red in front of me. I almost tripped over the red haired cat but I evaded the black and white cat. Come to think of it I may have trouble finding my red haired girlfriend . Reading is possible if the eyes are dark adapted.
Heres the setup in light. Pictures are 4sec exposure at F3.2 I think.
*errie green glow units