Will you mod my infinity for me?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I just managed to get a new cmg infinity, lovely body shame about the LED. Win out there is willing to do a mod for me? Nothing fancy, just a SSC P4 u bin, one drive level about one watt, able to run off an alkaline AA. Any takers?
Marc

greenLED

Flashaholic
At that current, alkies won't do very well - NiMH's might be best. Also, over 500mA or so, you really don't get all that much more light, but runtime decreases significantly.

Is that an Infinity Task light, or an Infinity Ultra? That'd determine if the stock board can be modified, or if you need an additional converter.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Its just the standard task light. I will be mainly using primary lithium bells but would like to be able to use alkaline in a pinch.

mosport

Enlightened
Emitter wise, a Luxeon or XR-E would be better suited if you're planning on leaving the front end open and exposed. Reason being, the P4 has a soft gummy silicone dome that's unprotected against bond wire damage vs. the hard encapsulation dome of a Lux or XR-E.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I didnt realise that, looks like it is an XRE then. I didnt really want to go down that road because of the soldering complications but it looks like i will have to.
marc