Recommending a good LED rechargeable

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone recommend a good LED rechargeable flashlight. I am asking for a friend who is in police work and he will be working night shift. Budget will be around the 100 to 150 price range.

How about the Pelican 7060 LAPD?

The forum time is all messed up.

Last edited:

chokker

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a good LED rechargeable flashlight. I am asking for a friend who is in police work and he will be working night shift. Budget will be around the 100 to 150 price range.

Enlightened
Other two worth mentioning within budget are the Inova T4 and the Streamlight Stinger LED. Both have usable light but aren't blinding like the Cree or SSC variety. Then again you can always "convert" a regular LED light into a rechargeable by running rechargeables of course. Then your options open up 10 fold.

Supernam

Enlightened
Good recommendations above with the T4 and LED Stinger. I use rechargeable LiIons in my regular lights but I definitely love externally rechargeable lights like the above mentioned. I would prefer them for duty work. The LAPD Pelican is kinda weird in my opinion.

chokker

Newly Enlightened
The wolf eyes flashlights are starting to look like a good choice. We will give them a call.

Thanks

Robert

Confederate

Enlightened
I also enthusiastically recommend the Inova T4. It recharges in a cradle plugged into the wall or plugged into the cigarette lighter of a car. It has auto shut-off for charging and the four family units we have are still working strong after well over a year.

Not only are the Inovas built extraordinarily good with premium HAIII aircraft aluminum, they've recently been updated from 85 lumens to 100 lumens. The beam is a brilliant white and the light has a very nice reflector. Regardless of the lights you may have had in the past, close examination of the T4 will leave you in a state of awe. The workmanship is incredible and runtime is a very healthy 2.5 hours. It's an all weather flashlight and will serve you for many years. Cost is a smidgen over a hundred dollars and Brightguy.com is offering it with free shipping I think.

This thing is a tank with a light and can even serve as a baton in police work. It's got good size and weight. The T5 is just like it but accepts CRC123/123A batteries. At the request of law enforcement personnel, the stainless bezel was anondized black to match the rest of the light.

A review of the T4 can be found here:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t4.htm

1891.jpg

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that the T4, Stinger LED, or 7060 would be good choices. The Stinger might be compatible with a charger already in a squad car. It has a blink mode which might be handy. I bought a T4 and it is a solid light. The 7060 will have a means of letting the user know when there is about five minutes of light remaining. That, too, is a nice feature.

Latest posts