Just Curious

Bearcat

Enlightened
I'm just curious, since the Cree lights have been out for awhile now, if you could only own one Cree flashlight each of the 1AA, 2AA, 1AAA and 2AAA(?) configurations, what four lights from your personal experience and from what you have learned from reading all the reviews would you own?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My personal experience involves only the JetBeam CL-E and Rexlight, both 1AA, but I've read about some others. For a 1AA twistie, if shorter length is important, than I'm very happy with the JetBeam, but there are few choices in this configuration. For a 1AA clickie I think the Fenix L1Dce may be the best for the money. In a 1AAA Cree light there also aren't many choices. I'm interested in getting one eventually, and right now the best seems to be the Fenix L0Dce. For the larger two cell lights I'm not as sure, but it's tough to top Fenix for quality at a reasonable price.

Geoff

Bearcat

Enlightened
It seems to me that the Fenix L1DCE and the LODCE are two lights that are emerging as a must have and highly recommended. Their slightly higher cost is looking like a better deal everyday.

carrot

Flashaholic
It still looks to me like Fenix is outperforming their competitors in runtime and efficiency. I love my L1D-CE. I keep it in my bag for emergencies.

Bearcat

Enlightened
It still looks to me like Fenix is outperforming their competitors in runtime and efficiency. I love my L1D-CE. I keep it in my bag for emergencies.

I'm a little confused, do you buy the L1D-CE and then purchase an extra tube to make it a 2AA flashlight or do you buy the L2D-CE and then purchase an extra tube to make it a 1AA flashlight?:thinking:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a little confused, do you buy the L1D-CE and then purchase an extra tube to make it a 2AA flashlight or do you buy the L2D-CE and then purchase an extra tube to make it a 1AA flashlight?:thinking:

Either way will work.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The L1D-CE, L2D-CE and P2D-CE use the same heads. So all you'll need is the different bodies and matching tail-caps(the L1/2D-CE use a smaller tail-cap the the P2D-CE) Both of your mentioned ways will work.

Bearcat

Enlightened
The L1D-CE, L2D-CE and P2D-CE use the same heads. So all you'll need is the different bodies and matching tail-caps(the L1/2D-CE use a smaller tail-cap the the P2D-CE) Both of your mentioned ways will work.

If I'm understanding correctly, the LID-CE, L2D-CE and the P2D heads are identical electronically and it does not matter which combination you choose to go from 1AA to 2AA or 2AA to 1AA, you still end-up with the same identical flashlight. Right?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
With the L2D-CE body and the P2D-CE body, the circuit is getting about 3v. with the L1D-Ce body, the circuit is getting about 1.5v and there is essentially no difference between turbo and high mode unless you use lithium batteries. It show up in the reviews. Flashlightreviews show the overall output of the L1D-CE on high to be 44.5 and turbo to be 44.5, L2D-CE's high is 55 and turbo is 88.