PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me little floodmaster

Default Me little floodmaster

I couldn't stay away from Don's 'Mule' thread, that sucker looks so dang cool...

I couldn't do all the fancy machining, so I stuck to the basic knurl, topped off with some teeny tiny scallops.

This is great way to use up all the Luxeon LE's, that nobody seems to want...

BTW Mr. EE Kenster...I sent you some of those glowy o-rings, and one more thing...I'm burnin up batteries playin with me little floodmaster I got mine

Default Re: Me little floodmaster

I can see that tube of lube getting mistaken for another type; especially since its on your night stand Cool light too!
    LED's impress but Incans satisfy

Quote Originally Posted by DUQ View Post
    I can see that tube of lube getting mistaken for another type; especially since its on your night stand Cool light too!
    Can't mix them up, the other stuff has the glow powder mixed in...

What a good idea! Ahem, I mean about the unused luxeon L.Es of course.

Great Ti creation as always! The contrast between the blasted and non-blasted
    sections is very attractive.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post
    I couldn't stay away from Don's 'Mule' thread, that sucker looks so dang cool...

BTW Mr. EE Kenster...I sent you some of those glowy o-rings, and one more thing...I'm burnin up batteries playin with me little floodmaster I got mine
    Well, HEHE... Mr TB... Glad to SEE... You joined ME!
    But unlike ME... I SEE... No CREE... For TB!

Seriously, try a Cree in one of those floodmasters of yours! It has some benifits over a Luxeon. More light using a lower drive current for a longer runtime for starters.

BTW Ti tailcap and glow O rings recieved and I thank you very much kind Sir! Now, my little flood light is Aluminum an you know metal of choice is Titanium! So ......... If you feel like making me a Ti floodmaster head .......... That would be MOST APPRECIATED!

PayPal is locked & loaded and I am waiting for the signal to fire away!

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

I was up at the TranquillityBase base on Sunday, and had a... ummm... blast?

Scott - I dig the flood head! Send it to me first, and I'll send it to Kenster, per our new "Kenster forwarding service" deal that we worked out.

john

Quote Originally Posted by kenster View Post
    Well, HEHE... Mr TB... Glad to SEE... You joined ME!
    But unlike ME... I SEE... No CREE... For TB!

Seriously, try a Cree in one of those floodmasters of yours! It has some benifits over a Luxeon. More light using a lower drive current for a longer runtime for starters.

BTW Ti tailcap and glow O rings recieved and I thank you very much kind Sir! Now, my little flood light is Aluminum an you know metal of choice is Titanium! So ......... If you feel like making me a Ti floodmaster head .......... That would be MOST APPRECIATED!

PayPal is locked & loaded and I am waiting for the signal to fire away!
    I have a few more ideas, now that I have the first one built. I'd like to turn a groove in the aluminum disc, for some glow powder epoxy mix. The disc is about .125" thick, so there's plenty of meat for a groove.

Cree would have been my choice too, but I had this UXOJ LE looking for a home.

Nice GeeTar...

Just popped a Riverwest, yum...

Flashaholic*

Scott, cover the whole non reflector "spacer" with glow epoxy! It will put out some light you can see in the dark that way!

If you need some Cree emitters, let me know.

Nice GeeTar...

Just popped a Riverwest, yum...
    It's a mandolin! I've had it for a couple months now, and can only play a few songs so far... tiny frets.

I actually found a liquor store near my house that has Riverwest occasionally.. damn - now I'm thirsty for some Milwaukee beer!

Flashaholic*

Riverwest? What the????????? That is a beer?

Scott, cover the whole non reflector "spacer" with glow epoxy! It will put out some light you can see in the dark that way!

If you need some Cree emitters, let me know.
    Plenty of Cree's, thanks for the offer. I have a few Q2's coming from Mac too.

I'm not good with epoxy, and I'm way too anal, so I need a groove as a guide...

Riverwest? What the????????? That is a beer?
    Yep...John brought a sixer of Riverwest Stein Beer, and it's 36 degrees, and oh so tasty...Not like that bottle of Fresca, that's been in the hot sun for two hours...

Quote Originally Posted by jch79 View Post
    It's a mandolin! I've had it for a couple months now, and can only play a few songs so far... tiny frets.

I actually found a liquor store near my house that has Riverwest occasionally.. damn - now I'm thirsty for some Milwaukee beer!
    Can you play Smoke On The Water, with that mandolin?

Flashaholic*

Plenty of Cree's, thanks for the offer. I have a few Q2's coming from Mac too.

I'm not good with epoxy, and I'm way too anal, so I need a groove as a guide...
    Anyone that can take a tuff a$$ chunk of Titanium and turn it into the works of art you do, should be able to handle a liquid like epoxy. Man, you really must be anal! HEHE!

Checked todays mail for my Q2`s I am waiting on from Mac but......

Anyone that can take a tuff a$$ chunk of Titanium and turn it into the works of art you do, should be able to handle a liquid like epoxy. Man, you really must be anal! HEHE!

Checked todays mail for my Q2`s I am waiting on from Mac but......
    Mac's a very busy dude lately, but he always comes through with the good stuff...

Yep, I can turn Ti in my sleep, but that friggin epoxy... last time I messed with it, I got a glob on the carpet, only one part though...mineral spirits, then the carpet cleaning machine.

Can you play Smoke On The Water, with that mandolin?
    I'm not sure if Deep Purple had a mandolin player, but I suppose I could play it... if I drank enough Riverwest!!

Ken - you gotta come up to Milwaukee... where the beer flows like wine (Dumb & Dumber... anyone??)

john

Wait... what was this thread about?

Flashaholic*

Beats me???? But now I NEED a beer!

SORRY TB!
    Last edited by kenster; 06-11-2007 at 06:42 PM.

I'm not sure if Deep Purple had a mandolin player, but I suppose I could play it... if I drank enough Riverwest!!

Ken - you gotta come up to Milwaukee... where the beer flows like wine (Dumb & Dumber... anyone??)

john

I forgot...

But I just cracked the last River West, and found a big bag of salted, in the shell, peanuts...The wife brought back all kinds of goodies from Omaha.

I was up at the TranquillityBase base on Sunday, and had a... ummm... blast?

Scott - I dig the flood head! Send it to me first, and I'll send it to Kenster, per our new "Kenster forwarding service" deal that we worked out.

john
    OK, you suck! You are dead to me.

Geez, that EM...what a sucker...we got umm John, he thinks that's real.

Sorry to do that to ya Eric, but John is getting so good with that program, even the renderings looks real...

Geez, that EM...what a sucker...we got umm John, he thinks that's real.

Sorry to do that to ya Eric, but John is getting so good with that program, even the renderings looks real...
    That's actually a rendering of a light, on a rendering of a mandolin, on a rendering of a crappy stool I found in the garbage.

Eric - I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you don't even exist - you're just a rendering, man.

john

That's actually a rendering of a light, on a rendering of a mandolin, on a rendering of a crappy stool I found in the garbage.

Eric - I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you don't even exist - you're just a rendering, man.

john
    Uh huh. I knew your little trip to Scott's was gonna be trouble!
    Your right though, I really don't exist... I'm just a cyber being, a collection of electrons attracted to photons... You better hope my electron mass isn't attracted to the Midwest get-together, or perhaps all your renderings will be useless to you...
    (Daddy, why is that man sitting on a L-6 Porky???)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by EricMack View Post
    Uh huh. I knew your little trip to Scott's was gonna be trouble!
    Your right though, I really don't exist... I'm just a cyber being, a collection of electrons attracted to photons... You better hope my electron mass isn't attracted to the Midwest get-together, or perhaps all your renderings will be useless to you...
    (Daddy, why is that man sitting on a L-6 Porky???)

John, maybe you should consider rendering that cyber Eric dude a little less ORNERY?

John, maybe you should consider rendering that cyber Eric dude a little less ORNERY?
    It's HAL 9000 all over again!

Now what's all this about a Midwest get-together??

Flashaholic*

It's HAL 9000 all over again!

Man, you really need to do some tweekin on that cyber dude rendering. They have been trying to hide that get together from me so I wouldn`t show up. I`m one step closer to finding you guys now! Thanks EM!

If there was enough interest, I would host a Midwest get-together at my folks lake place on Grand Lake in Northwest Ohio. Up to 11 could bunk at the house, any overflow would have to stay at a hotel nearby, which is not too expensive up there. We would be talking late July or August at this point, I'm sure. Pretty easy trip from Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Lemme know if you guys think there would be enough interest...

Its a pretty cool place, on a lake with very little light pollution, so its damn dark...

There's a "special" room for John...

If there was enough interest, I would host a Midwest get-together at my folks lake place on Grand Lake in Northwest Ohio. Up to 11 could bunk at the house, any overflow would have to stay at a hotel nearby, which is not too expensive up there. We would be talking late July or August at this point, I'm sure. Pretty easy trip from Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Lemme know if you guys think there would be enough interest...
    I'd be in! TB - let's take those recumbents to Ohio!

There's a "special" room for John...
    Just like when I was a little kid...

Flashaholic

Kinda feel like I'm intruding in your conversation here.

Just an idea, if you're going to turn a groove for glow epoxy, couldn't you just use a glow o-ring instead. Less mess. You can also mix in so much glow powder that the epoxy is more like modeling clay. A small purpose made tool, like a little tiny spatula can trowel it in and smooth it out.

......and make mine a Stella!

I forgot...

But I just cracked the last River West, and found a big bag of salted, in the shell, peanuts...The wife brought back all kinds of goodies from Omaha.
    Dang it!
    I knew I shoulda waited until the catering arrived.

T