Me little floodmaster

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't stay away from Don's 'Mule' thread, that sucker looks so dang cool...

I couldn't do all the fancy machining, so I stuck to the basic knurl, topped off with some teeny tiny scallops.

This is great way to use up all the Luxeon LE's, that nobody seems to want...:candle:

BTW Mr. EE Kenster...I sent you some of those glowy o-rings, and one more thing...I'm burnin up batteries playin with me little floodmaster:nana: I got mine:nana::nana:

p1050477sd7.jpg

p1050474lq0.jpg

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see that tube of lube getting mistaken for another type; especially since its on your night stand :grin2: Cool light too!

easilyled

Flashaholic
What a good idea! Ahem, I mean about the unused luxeon L.Es of course. :crackup:

Great Ti creation as always! The contrast between the blasted and non-blasted
sections is very attractive.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't stay away from Don's 'Mule' thread, that sucker looks so dang cool...

BTW Mr. EE Kenster...I sent you some of those glowy o-rings, and one more thing...I'm burnin up batteries playin with me little floodmaster:nana: I got mine:nana::nana:

Well, HEHE... Mr TB... Glad to SEE... You joined ME! :D
But unlike ME... I SEE... No CREE... For TB! :nana:

IMG_4594.jpg

Seriously, try a Cree in one of those floodmasters of yours! It has some benifits over a Luxeon. More light using a lower drive current for a longer runtime for starters. ;)

BTW Ti tailcap and glow O rings recieved and I thank you very much kind Sir! :twothumbs Now, my little flood light is Aluminum an you know metal of choice is Titanium! :grin2: So :whistle: ......... If you feel like making me a Ti floodmaster head :poke:.......... That would be MOST APPRECIATED! :bow:

PayPal is locked & loaded and I am waiting for the signal to fire away! :candle:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I was up at the TranquillityBase base on Sunday, and had a... ummm... blast? :shrug:

mg0010smqp8.jpg

Scott - I dig the flood head! Send it to me first, and I'll send it to Kenster, per our new "Kenster forwarding service" deal that we worked out. ;)

:) john

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, HEHE... Mr TB... Glad to SEE... You joined ME! :D
But unlike ME... I SEE... No CREE... For TB! :nana:

Seriously, try a Cree in one of those floodmasters of yours! It has some benifits over a Luxeon. More light using a lower drive current for a longer runtime for starters. ;)

BTW Ti tailcap and glow O rings recieved and I thank you very much kind Sir! :twothumbs Now, my little flood light is Aluminum an you know metal of choice is Titanium! :grin2: So :whistle: ......... If you feel like making me a Ti floodmaster head :poke:.......... That would be MOST APPRECIATED! :bow:

PayPal is locked & loaded and I am waiting for the signal to fire away! :candle:

I have a few more ideas, now that I have the first one built. I'd like to turn a groove in the aluminum disc, for some glow powder epoxy mix. The disc is about .125" thick, so there's plenty of meat for a groove.

Cree would have been my choice too, but I had this UXOJ LE looking for a home.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, cover the whole non reflector "spacer" :shrug: with glow epoxy! It will put out some light you can see in the dark that way! :naughty:

If you need some Cree emitters, let me know.;)

jch79

Nice GeeTar...

Just popped a Riverwest, yum...

It's a mandolin! I've had it for a couple months now, and can only play a few songs so far... tiny frets.

I actually found a liquor store near my house that has Riverwest occasionally.. damn - now I'm thirsty for some Milwaukee beer! :mecry:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, cover the whole non reflector "spacer" :shrug: with glow epoxy! It will put out some light you can see in the dark that way! :naughty:

If you need some Cree emitters, let me know.;)
Plenty of Cree's, thanks for the offer. I have a few Q2's coming from Mac too.

I'm not good with epoxy, and I'm way too anal, so I need a groove as a guide...

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Riverwest? What the????????? That is a beer?
Yep...John brought a sixer of Riverwest Stein Beer, and it's 36 degrees, and oh so tasty...Not like that bottle of Fresca, that's been in the hot sun for two hours...;)

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a mandolin! I've had it for a couple months now, and can only play a few songs so far... tiny frets.

I actually found a liquor store near my house that has Riverwest occasionally.. damn - now I'm thirsty for some Milwaukee beer! :mecry:
Can you play Smoke On The Water, with that mandolin?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plenty of Cree's, thanks for the offer. I have a few Q2's coming from Mac too.

I'm not good with epoxy, and I'm way too anal, so I need a groove as a guide...

Anyone that can take a tuff a$$ chunk of Titanium and turn it into the works of art you do, should be able to handle a liquid like epoxy. :shakehead Man, you really must be anal! :nana: HEHE! :aaa:

Checked todays mail for my Q2`s I am waiting on from Mac but...... :(

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone that can take a tuff a$$ chunk of Titanium and turn it into the works of art you do, should be able to handle a liquid like epoxy. :shakehead Man, you really must be anal! :nana: HEHE! :aaa:

Checked todays mail for my Q2`s I am waiting on from Mac but...... :(
Mac's a very busy dude lately, but he always comes through with the good stuff...

Yep, I can turn Ti in my sleep, but that friggin epoxy... last time I messed with it, I got a glob on the carpet, only one part though...mineral spirits, then the carpet cleaning machine.

jch79

Can you play Smoke On The Water, with that mandolin?

I'm not sure if Deep Purple had a mandolin player, but I suppose I could play it... if I drank enough Riverwest!! :laughing:

Ken - you gotta come up to Milwaukee... where the beer flows like wine (Dumb & Dumber... anyone??)

:buddies: john

Wait... what was this thread about?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if Deep Purple had a mandolin player, but I suppose I could play it... if I drank enough Riverwest!! :laughing:

Ken - you gotta come up to Milwaukee... where the beer flows like wine (Dumb & Dumber... anyone??)

:buddies: john

Wait... what was this thread about?
I forgot...

But I just cracked the last River West, and found a big bag of salted, in the shell, peanuts...The wife brought back all kinds of goodies from Omaha.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was up at the TranquillityBase base on Sunday, and had a... ummm... blast? :shrug:

mg0010smqp8.jpg

Scott - I dig the flood head! Send it to me first, and I'll send it to Kenster, per our new "Kenster forwarding service" deal that we worked out. ;)

:) john

OK, you suck! You are dead to me. :rant::drool::banghead: