Flashaholics weekend

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent the weekend with my niece and her husband at his family cabin and had what might be called a good flashaholics weekend. I was warned ahead of time and took extra lights for everyone.

First we spent all Saturday night "ghost hunting" in some old abandoned houses, an old abadoned cemetery in the woods that we found out hunting, and an old abandoned nursing home (with the owners permission). I supplied most of the flashlights, and long runtime was favored over real brightness. This was for two reasons, too bright seemed to intrude upon the "spooky" feeling, and I think no one wanted to get caught with a dead light in those places, lol.

For indoors use all four of us used SMJLED modified Minimags, mine was the 2 AAA model and the others used 2 AA models. With runtimes close to 30 hours no one had to worry about the dark. I also had my L0PSE in my pocket "just in case".

For outdoor use I used my Inova Tiros X03, Pat (my wife) used my Tiros X0, and the niece and her husband used 5 C Cell Mags that I had bought them a couple years ago.

Sunday night we had a nice campfire and cookout then afterwards my younger niece (her sister has adopted her) and her friends used my Inovas (4 of them 2 X0s and 2 X03s) to play a game I showed them. I put Brighteyes tacks (tacks used for hunting trail marking with reflective tape on them) on various trees through out the property and the one who brought the most back on thier stick won an Ultrafire C3 Cree I got from DX.

Add to that the numerous trips to the outhouse with the flashlights and it was a good weekend :).

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sounds like a lotta' fun !

Methinks you should plan a similar outing for CPF'ers.

:wave:

Cydonia

Enlightened
I am gravely concerned about your apparent lack of very bright lights ;)
SMJLED MiniMags for indoors spook hunting?

I mean, what hotwire did you take for lighting up the big rooms? So what HID did you have on hand to rip open the forest canopy... oh heck. How can you look in the mirror and call yourself a flashaholic? :D I diagnose flashaholic atrophy. Luckily, there is a cure...immediate injections of cash have been to known to turn this dreadul malady around! :devil:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am gravely concerned about your apparent lack of very bright lights ;)
SMJLED MiniMags for indoors spook hunting?

Lol, Well I had brighter lights available but nobody wanted them, including myself. They took away from the fun of the spooky surroundings which no one enjoyed. I did however offer to use a couple of red X5's but that added a bit too spooky a glow upon the surroundings they all said, lol.

Besides, ;) I think I have been around here long enough for most to know I prefer longer runtime over extreme brightness any day :).