Fenix P3D clip

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Well, first of all Hi every one. I just bought my first (but not the last) high quality flashlight. My 3PD CE should be here in a few days, and the only thing I don't like about it is there is no clip on it. Can any one point me toward a good after-market clip or someone that could make me one? Also a few suggestions on the best rechargeables to use in the P3D.

I bought a Ultrafire 3.0/3.6v charger and 4 MP brand 700mAh Unprotected 3.6v batteries from Lighthound with my light.

One more question. What does the mAh rating on batteries mean?

Thanks guys

~Jeremy

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
mAh - milli amp hour. The more mAh on the battery the higher amount of energy it has. P.S. I am waiting for my P3Dn too. Its in the mail but it has not reached here yet...BTW welcome to CPF

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeremy,

Welcome to CPF. You have a nice light on the way.

As to rechargeable cells, it is generally not a good idea to run 2 unprotected cells in sequence. Lots of threads on this if you do a search. Instead, go with 2 protected RCR123As.

You might want to check out AW's batteries: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=140362

AW is one of the very best vendors on CPF, a great guy with great product. His cells are also sold by Lighthound.com, whose John C. is another of CPF's very best: http://www.lighthound.com/

Good luck and enjoy your P3D CE.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I thought there was issues with running more than one protected cells in sequence. Something about one discharging faster than the other one and tripping the safety circuit? Thanks for the replies

tman11

Newly Enlightened
AFAAustin, thanks for the info on the batteries. I've had my P3D for 2 weeks now and am amazed by it's brightness!! I'll check into the RCR123A's!!

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Heh, poor guy. Noone actually answered the initial question.

I too, have a P3DCE on the way, and would love a clip for it. If noone has any ideas, I'll see what I can fabricate out of some old bandsaw material in our machine shop sometime this week if I get a chance.

Gotta wait for the lite to arrive first, though, of course :p

Optik49

Enlightened
Someone had a photo of a P3 with a clip on it. If I remember correctly, they said they took it off a River Rock AA light from Target.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
The protected 123s mentioned will probably not fit your light, but I may be wrong. Check into it first.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I'll stick with the unprotected cells for now. From what I've read as long as I charge both of them fully there shouldn't be an issue.