custom knife part help!

jbosman1013

Enlightened
anyone here able to make a small damascus steel part. I can't seem to find a place around me that will do any custom work

jbosman1013

Enlightened
I am looking to replace the pomell in the cold steel AK-47 knife it has a cheap plastic one in there now and i want something a little stronger and better looking

cutlerylover

Banned
I know what your talkign about and I talked to a person over at knifeforums.com that just removed that pice all together, he likes the knife now, his reason for gettign rid of it is his large hands...it got in the way of a good grip he told me...

jbosman1013

Enlightened
my plans are to buy the newer verson with G-10 grips swap the blade after a trip to cryoplus for treatment and add the damascus peice not really a custom knife but slightly modded i guess. i don't want to take it out because my hands are just average.

cutlerylover

Banned
I see...well depednign on who you get to make it for you in damascus it can cost you as much as $30 for that little piece...Im not sure how muh you want to spend, but you mgiht want to think about some G-10 or somethgin strong, but nto as pricey...but of course its up to you...Be sure to post pics once your moddign in done, I love customized knives...Its nice to see people kind of personal their knives to make them their own...