2 AA Cree with clicky and CR2

Learjet

Enlightened
The CR2 option looks VERY interesting! A pity they don't give dimensions for the CR2. I might ask em...

Mmm, no option for Australia in sign up address...

Last edited:

martytoo

Newly Enlightened

More confusion for me. Maybe Kyle should rename his company

ConfusionExtreme

His explanation says one CR2 or 2AA. Yet the picture seems to show one 14500 battery. Surely you wouldn't put two 3.7 volt batteries in the light and potentially hit it with 8 volts with freshly charged 14500s.

Kai's pictures make more sense.

I like these vendors, but they could/should spend more than a minute when they decide to post an offer to sell.

matics

Newly Enlightened
From the pics, it looks like it is a CR2 light that includes an extension tube allowing the use of 2 AAs. If that's the case, this is a pretty unique light.

sku_4128_4_small.jpg
sku_4128_5_small.jpg

Last edited:

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
From the pics, it looks like it is a CR2 light that includes an extension tube allowing the use of 2 AAs. If that's the case, this is a pretty unique light.

sku_4128_4_small.jpg
sku_4128_5_small.jpg

You can read 14500 on this picture - the large version of above.

sku_4128_5.jpg

lexina

Enlightened
More confusion for me. Maybe Kyle should rename his company

ConfusionExtreme

His explanation says one CR2 or 2AA. Yet the picture seems to show one 14500 battery. Surely you wouldn't put two 3.7 volt batteries in the light and potentially hit it with 8 volts with freshly charged 14500s.

You are right - it may confuse buyers. I am guessing Kyle just wanted to give a sense of its size and didn't have any AAs on hand?

Confederate

Enlightened
It shouldn't be as difficult as it is getting specs from a retailer. Nothing about modes many times, regulated cicuitry. They're fully willing to sell without disclosing the specs, but are we always willing to buy without specs? It's maddening.

michiganstud

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this is better than the Terralux mini mag upgrade?

How bright is this light?

europium

Enlightened
I wonder how performance with 2 AA alkalines differs versus using a single CR2. Quickly decreasing output versus short runtime?

Eu

Last edited:

bguy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this is better than the Terralux mini mag upgrade?

How bright is this light?

My view of upgrades for the minimag, is to take a 20 year old light into the new millenium. It's not cost effective though. I spent $30 on the 5EX and a tail switch. And I have a $12 dealextreme light that is equal in brightness. So if you have a minimag, and you want to make it brighter, put the 5EX in it. If you want a bright flashlight, buy one that was built to be a bright flashlight, it'll cost less.

Bradley