PEU's D-Mini 18650 tube. 56K warning detailed pics inside

T4R06

Enlightened
i got mine today, no problem with the issue regarding emitter wont level the reflector. i put thin split ring below the led pill to make contact on battery tube and raise a little bit.

DSC_0040.jpg

still water resistant after putting the thin split ring
DSC_0036.jpg

same as default d-mini now. same beam and level on reflector
DSC_0046.jpg

with my fav ultrafire
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

X_Marine

Enlightened
T4R06,
I wasn't aware of any problems in length on these tubes. Is this only an issue on a specific model or build of the D-Mini?.
I ask because I still need to pic up another D-Mini for my extra tube I bought.

BMRSEB,
I'm sure it only extends run time but it is pretty impressive. There is a run time chart in the sales thread I believe, but I don't think it displays for low level.

My lights were out for a cpl hrs today so I grabbed my D-Maxi '), and it does have a little trouble tail standing (wish they would add an 1/8" Grr) but to facilitate I grabbed a glass and filled about half way and slid the D in so I could have a ceiling bounce without worrying about the heat. It worked great.

ThanX
X..

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no need to put a ring between the light engine and the body, they measure EXACTLY the same as the original bodies there, so fit should be the same. Contact is made by the lip of the body and the bare alu light engine.

Thanks for the photos T4R06!

Pablo

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is there are slight differences in different D-Mini runs from LP. I have one that I bought in 2006, and one I bought recently. The older variety has a shorter overall size by a few millimeters compared to the newer run. The led in the older variety of the led pill is also situated lower compared to the newer D-Mini, the led pills have different height. The same goes for my two lights with stock bodies, as I use the old modded led pill in my new D-Mini. I have to use some copper wire to raise the led pill a bit to get the right focus.
Stefan

T4R06

Enlightened
yes, it seems that the newer d-mini production are a little bit different in size. i sold my old one (last year purchase) so i cannot compare.

and by the way, the new d-mini has this GITD o-ring same as MRV

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is there are slight differences in different D-Mini runs from LP. I have one that I bought in 2006, and one I bought recently. The older variety has a shorter overall size by a few millimeters compared to the newer run. The led in the older variety of the led pill is also situated lower compared to the newer D-Mini, the led pills have different height. The same goes for my two lights with stock bodies, as I use the old modded led pill in my new D-Mini. I have to use some copper wire to raise the led pill a bit to get the right focus.
Stefan

Stefan,
Thanks for the info. I have a older one, and feel better now about the tubes. Even with my older model, once I figured out how to make it work, I have had no problems. I am very glad I bought the tube, and the 3 hours of runtime are great. I apologize to PEU for commenting on the shorter length, but I wanted readers to know that (at least on mine) a couple extra steps might be needed for optimum function. Like I said before, It has made a very good light into a great one.