Malkoff Reflectors

scottaw

Enlightened
Ok, im getting ready to build my stolen mag replacement. I've decided to be patient, wait until july and get Gene's drop-in. a few questions... How are the sputtered reflectors he sells? Will that be all i need? Or, does someone sell OP reflectors that will work with his dropin. I know lighthound and others have multiple mag reflectors, but they have a very small hole in them, and say they won't work with stock bulbs. My last mag had a LDF lens in it, and i could do that again, but i would like some kind of hotspot. I don't need ridiculous throw, but i don't want a total flood monster. So what are my options here? Thanks in advance.

Brozneo

Enlightened
Hey,

I have a Malkoff Drop-In with the Malkoff OP reflector. The Malkoff reflector is a normal plastic Mag reflector with the Cam cut off and with OPing added (not too sure how). I would recommend the Malkoff relfector as it has the correct size hole - if the hole it too small it can cause damage around the area to which the LED is attached. However you could always get another reflector and make the hole bigger (don't know how easy that would be tho!)... But the Malkoff reflector is good, with a nice hotspot - has lots of throw and cause its so bright it also has lots of spill as well.

Hope this helps!