Inova XO2 LED flashlight $8.41 at Fry's Electronics

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: I posted this on EDCforums.com, too.

The Fry's Electronics store in this area is clearing out titanium colored Inova XO2 LED flashlights for $8.41. They were a good deal when Costco was selling them for about $23 several months ago.

The XO2 is a 2 watt Luxeon spotlight, employing a TIROS lens and draws about 350 milliamps from two CR123A lithium batteries (included). Ruggedly constructed of thick aluminum with a stainless steel bezel.

There is a sour note to our good deal. While my wife and I were comparing XO2s against each other for tint and brightness, a salesman came over. After he saw the low price, he hovered very close to us and was annoying for as long as we continued to look at the XO2s.

I bought one of the lights, but we returned to the flashlight display a few minutes later. The salesman had taken all of the remaining XO2 sales lights for himself.

el_vato

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up! Sorry about the Salesman, man that just doesn't seem right he did what your were thinking!!
Well... I almost took them all...I ended up getting 2, they still had 3 left in Gwinnett, Ga. Fry's. the Natural is the one on sale I thought I would wait and see if the Black will go on clearance next week (hoping).
It's a nice light reminds me of a Supersized X1, which I got last week. the beam looked purple in the store kind of had me worried.. but back at the office a nice white beam.. whew! BTW..I was wondering, how hard is the XO2 to Mod? Which would be better for it Seoul or Cree? Does anyone know off hand how many volts the electronics supplies?

Thanks in advance,
El_vato

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
One of the first things I do when I go to California next month is go to Fry's... You guys who have Fry's are so lucky, they seem to close out Inova lights at excellent deals.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the first things I do when I go to California next month is go to Fry's... You guys who have Fry's are so lucky, they seem to close out Inova lights at excellent deals.

No go at least in the Anaheim store...all of theirs were $29.99....but I will say that none of them were ti colored, I can't say this store has ever stocked any other than black...so that might be why.
11401 Bloomfield Ave
Norwalk CA 90650

fletch31

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a black colored XO2 for 8.41 at Fry's today in Sacramento. Great Deal!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, all the times I've gone to Fry's in reaction to these deals posted and I have yet to snatch one of these deals. Oh well.

fletch31

Newly Enlightened
Mine had a 29.99 sticker on it but the sticker on the peg it was hanging on said it was supposed to be 12.94. I thought that was a great deal so I took it up to the counter and they guy was trying to charge me the full 29.99. I had to take him back to the rack and show him the discrepancy and he said he needed to speak to the department head. The department head came over and punched the light up on his computer and said actually this light is $8.41 and he printed me up a quote so I could check out and buy it. So if you see this light marked 29.99 or anything above 8.41, take it to one of their staff in the area and have them look it up. It likely is mismarked. This is the version with the optic not the reflector which I believe is the most recent one they made. Its marked as 2000 mw (2 watts). I think the whole XO2 model line has been discontinued (new, old, or whatever).
Fletch

Last edited:

fletch31

Newly Enlightened
Hey Kelmo, yes it is the Northgate one. I should have gone back to check for others. They are kinda disorganized with the Inova flashlights in two spots in the store (about 20 feet from each other). The one that I bought was not even on the rack peg but laying on the shelf. I was doing the nice thing by reracking it when I saw the price discrepancy and decided to buy it. I have to run up there for some server components at lunch time today so I can take a look for you. I'll be back around 1pm. If they have a few, I'll get greenlight one. They recently opened up the Roseville store as well which could be another source.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, you actually got help. All the Fry's near me, the people are unwilling to help and not very knowledgeable. If you're able to find someone, they'll just scan it and say "it's $29.99" and that's it. Sadly, the customer service at Fry's is starting to remind me of Walmart.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a software salesman with nothing to do. He punched in the product code to see if they had any left in stock. It did show up as $8.41 but alas all the stores in the area were sold out. Too bad, I would have picked up a few for gifting purposes.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I revisited the same Fry's today in Downers Grove, IL at which I bought the titanium colored XO2 for $8.41 on June 14. There were no more XO2s of any color.

The XO2s we are writing about were the latest versions. They perform like the TIROS version Inova T2 but have a different tail switching arrangement and the smooth bodies are more difficult to grasp.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a stand alone Fry's store off of Northgate Ave in Sactown. No mall. They had plenty of XOs and XO3s. Maybe they will go on sale soon.

fletch31

Newly Enlightened
Yep Northgate in Sacramento is out. I checked all the racks for a misplaced one with no luck. They have Inovas in 3 places in that store. I did see that a red tag sign was put up with the product# ending in 930 listing black XO2s on sale for 29.99 that was not up yesterday when I bought this light. They have no XO2s at all. The product ID # for the one that I bought is 4893940 which has similar but different last three numbers. So if the deal is to be had it is on product number 4893940 which scans at the check out as a 29.99 light. (the upc barcode is the same because it is the same light) To get the deal your light needs to end in 940 on the product code. If it does, then take it to a staff member and have them look up the product code in their database on their computer.(these are not the same people who collect your money, they are sprinkled throughout the store in different departments). They then will print you up the quote showing the $8.41 and you take that up to the checkout counter and get your deal. Of course this only works if they have them in stock and also listed as part number 4893940 (You may notice that there are multiple stickers on the light if you find one. You can peel off the top one and see if the part number ends in 940.

Anyway long winded but thats what I found out.

Fletch